Common Sense, reasonable regulation, etc... - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Sense, reasonable regulation, etc...

1. Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I'm not advocating restricting the right to keep and bear arms.
    Seems to me like you would like to restrict the right to keep and bear arms to only those persons who possess some training.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming And others I am sure Require no training what so ever before issuing a permit.

No blood in the streets that I am aware of
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Seems to me like you would like to restrict the right to keep and bear arms to only those persons who possess some training.
    And only training that he approves of
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

5. I still would like to see facts that prove the public is any less safe in all of the states that require no permit to carry a gun, or require no training in order to obtain the permit. Your opinion is fine and dandy.... just realize that it is based upon emotion rather than facts. I see Treo beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Georgia, Indiana, Mississippi, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington, Wyoming And others I am sure Require no training what so ever before issuing a permit.

Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Kentucky, Virginia, Colorado (except Denver) and North Carolina require no permit for open carry, and, therefore, no training required to carry a gun, only to conceal it. So far we have 19 states where the general public must be in danger from untrained persons carrying guns.

Sorry, I just don't see the danger manifesting itself.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

6. Quote Originally Posted by eaccents View Post
    They were visionaries, and their wise words apply to much of American life now--over 200 years later! Our Founding Fathers were smart enough to know that they were not "all seeing," and that is why there was a purposeful allowance for change/amendments.

I do not think that the Founding Fathers would object to removing a musket from the hands of someone who might willfully use it to harm others instead of to defend their homes or nation
    First... as you said in the first paragraph.... if the American majority does not like the 2nd Amendment, then they should repeal it. That is the proper course of action allowed by the founding fathers. Legislating it away was not in the plan of the Founding Fathers - that's the whole entire purpose of the Constitution, is to prevent government from legislating away the rights of the citizens.

Second, in your second paragraph, the idea that the Founding Fathers "would not object to removing a musket from the hands of someone who might willfully use it to harms others" is absolutely ludicrous. They most certainly WOULD object. Why? Because the justice system of this country, the foundations of which are laid in the Constitution, is based upon the presumption of innocence. A person is innocent until PROVEN guilty. So this whole idea of "might" do something in the future as a basis for a punishment or restriction just doesn't make sense.

And only training that he approves of
    Where did I say that the training had to be what I approved. Until I become King, you have nothing to fear from that. But when I DO become King, women between the ages of 18 and 30 will be required to be topless. So let it be written. So let it be done.

I base my opinion (and that is exactly what this is...my opinion) on my LEO experience, my years of dealing with the bottom 10% of society, and simple proven fact. Good training improves safety! Simple as that.

I will refrain from personal attacks here. I would ask that you do the same.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    and simple proven fact. Good training improves safety! Simple as that.
    So, then, you will be able to share these facts that the general public is in more danger in the 19 states listed above that do not require training to carry a gun in public?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    So, then, you will be able to share these facts that the general public is in more danger in the 19 states listed above that do not require training to carry a gun in public?
    Can you prove that they're safer without training?

Well Vermont does not count becasue they have no permit system. Anyone who lives in the state or who enters it is allowd per state law. To carry apon them a loaded firearm, open or concealed. Till the prove they are unable to handle carrying the said firearm.

New Hampshire does not require training to carry open or to carry concealed. I cant think of one time it has been a problem. Other when crack/meth heads are playing with firearms.

If our government wants to pay to send me to front site,gun site, sig academy etc.. Then by all means I'll take training classes till I'm blue in the face.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

11. Here's something rough from the CDC Wonder database

http://wonder.cdc.gov/mortSQL.html:

Query Criteria:
    Title:
    Age Group: All
    Hispanic Origin: All
    ICD-10 113 Groups: All
    ICD-10 Codes: All
    Infant Age Groups: All
    Injury Intent: All
    Injury Mechanism & All Other Leading Causes: GRINJ-006 (Firearm)
    Race: All
    Regions: All
    States: All
    Urbanization: All
    Year: 2007
    Group By: State
    Show Totals: True
    Show Zero Values: False
    Show Suppressed: False
    Calculate Rates Per: 100,000

Funny how training required to carry a firearm just doesn't seem to reduce the incidents of gun related deaths....

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast