Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    It's so hard to take you seriously when you post clips of a scripted TV show as some sort of proof to bolster your point of view. Are you aware that these people were actors who were following a script?? I mean really....why don't you just tell us all to watch the movie "Commando" so we can se how it's done.

Like I said before, ask any real combat vet and they'll tell you that more often than not it's the tough-talking Rambo wannabes that usually end up soiling their pants and crying for mommy once the stuff hits the fan. Oh, and before any of you keyboard badasses out there start to tell the rest of us how many firefights you've been in and how many times you've been wounded and how many BGs you've mowed down......don't. This is the internet and I'm not going to believe a word of your entirely predictable, self-serving, macho-man drivel. Take that crap somewhere it might be believed - like a teen chat room on AOL.
    I am a real combat Vet 3/11 FA attached to the 18th Airborne Corps during the liberation of Kuwait
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Why would anyone waste time on meaningless hand gestures before drawing a weapon? Are the Bad guys going to be haunted by the Hollywood antics after they murder the victim?
    True. We teach the three S's of self defense... Stealth, Surprise and Skill. There's no warning. Once deadly force is required your goblin is surprised because he didn't know you carried the gun and then your skill takes over. Although many people "open carry" I'm not a fan of it because it removes the stealth/surprise.

As an instructor I can't teach a student what the threat will do, how he will approach, etc. It's usually a lightening fast encounter. One doesn't want to be caught behind the reactionary curve. I can only instill a skillset in the student. The rest is up to him.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The No-Win Scenario

I occasionally get taken to task over my sig line, usually by someone who doesn’t understand it or thinks it's a “random tough guy quote” or that I’m looking to piss off road ragers.

It actually came from the above article it was also the last post I ever made on the OLD THR (ironic huh?)

Anyway the linked article here is where the line came from. I don’t want to get too much into it because the author (Gabe Suarez) is far more articulate than I am. I’ll just say that in my mind there is absolutely no good reason for me to comply w/ the commands of the felon. In the scenario posited in the article, win lose or draw my wallet never would have come out of my pocket because I would have gone straight for my gun. (I’m not trying to be a bad ass I know me).

So, here’s the article give it some thought.

FWIW here's the .org thread http://www.thehighroad.org/showthrea...+viking&page=2

5. In general, compliance with a criminal attacker does not increase one's chances of survival.

But there are many variables. Folks here don't want to be heroes; we understand that in real life most heroes end up dead. But we also understand we may find ourselves in bad situations. Never give up.

According to Star Trek, the Kobayashi Maru exercise was to teach the lesson that a Captain may face a no-win situation. Midshipman James T. Kirk cheated and "survived." We've all heard the saying "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying hard enough."

In real life, it's a fact that John Wesley Hardin "beat the drop" before multiple witnesses. Not a situation any of us would ever want to face, but in this documented case, one man's refusal to give up, and his phenomenal skill, meant he walked away alive from a "no-win" scenario.

Two assailants and one victim/defender means the odds are not good.
    Comply, and there's a good chance today's street savages will kill you.
    Shoot back and you may or may not be shot.
    If you are shot, you may or may not die.
    In general, I'd say your odds are better than with compliance.
    But that's me... And every situation is different.

I'm going to keep working on situational awareness, and try not to end up in this situation. Just the fact I'm almost always with my Beloved Kathleen (who is armed and has survived a lethal confrontation) helps me avoid that two on one scenario...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Usually, when I am armed it is to protect my fiancee. I couldn't give a robber full control of a situation with good faith. There is too much to lose. I'm not talking about my life but her's. If I was covered with a gun and with my fiancee I would immediately move her behind me and look for an opportunity to distract the criminal so that I could draw and fire.

This opportunity might not present itself though. Maybe we get mugged, maybe I die, maybe she dies, etc. There is no perfect situation.

The reason I have my CCW, Glock and training is to kill bad guys that threaten my loved ones, the helpless or myself mortally.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    Usually, when I am armed it is to protect my fiancee.
    Either always carry or never carry

I couldn't give a robber full control of a situation with good faith. There is too much to lose. I'm not talking about my life but her's. If I was covered with a gun and with my fiancee I would immediately move her behind me and look for an opportunity to distract the criminal so that I could draw and fire.

This opportunity might not present itself though. Maybe we get mugged, maybe I die, maybe she dies, etc. There is no perfect situation.
    Can't argue that

The reason I have my CCW, Glock and training is to kill bad guys that threaten my loved ones, the helpless or myself mortally.
    We carry again to protect ourselves and we shoot to stop the threat not to kill
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Felix View Post
    Comply, and there's a good chance today's street savages will kill you.
    Really? Based on what??

400,000 robberies with a firearm. 2,000 dead victims. That's 1/2 of 1% of the robberies resulting in a killing. You consider that a "good chance"??
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Either always carry or never carry
    I just can't be puritanical and exact in all areas of life.

I am not allowed to carry in a number of places I go. I don't always observe the rules but one place I do is on military bases.

I am not going to bend this rule.

"Always carry" isn't a real option if I am going to conduct life normally.

I am not allowed to carry in a number of places I go. I don't always observe the rules but one place I do is on military bases.

I am not going to bend this rule.
    Spot on baby I had a friend that got caught bringing a gun to Ft. Carson one morning her career ended then and there.

That said if you can you should

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Really? Based on what??

400,000 robberies with a firearm. 2,000 dead victims. That's 1/2 of 1% of the robberies resulting in a killing. You consider that a "good chance"??
    This is meaningless if you are one of the 1/2 of one percent. If you really believe this crap, why don't you turn in your CCW and sit in a corner and wet yourself. Col. Cooper (God rest his soul!) would have little respect for you. It is our duty to resist. There is another statistic that you fail to mention; how many robberies are stopped by a person who resists. I can tell you that in the four times that I needed to use my weapon, the situation resolved itself immediately upon the actor discovering that I was armed. That is a 100% success rate. I never informed the uniformed criminals (known by some as the police) about these events since three of the events occurred in the Peoples Republic of Illinois where I was a criminal for carrying a weapon. I wonder how many of the successes never get reported to the FBI, making the statistics somewhat unreliable.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast