Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    This is meaningless if you are one of the 1/2 of one percent. If you really believe this crap, why don't you turn in your CCW and sit in a corner and wet yourself. Col. Cooper (God rest his soul!) would have little respect for you. It is our duty to resist. There is another statistic that you fail to mention; how many robberies are stopped by a person who resists. I can tell you that in the four times that I needed to use my weapon, the situation resolved itself immediately upon the actor discovering that I was armed. That is a 100% success rate. I never informed the uniformed criminals (known by some as the police) about these events since three of the events occurred in the Peoples Republic of Illinois where I was a criminal for carrying a weapon. I wonder how many of the successes never get reported to the FBI, making the statistics somewhat unreliable.
    You are twice as likely (1%) to be gay. what have you done to guard against that?

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You are twice as likely (1%) to be gay. what have you done to guard against that?
    You just made me LOL!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    This is meaningless if you are one of the 1/2 of one percent. If you really believe this crap, why don't you turn in your CCW and sit in a corner and wet yourself. Col. Cooper (God rest his soul!) would have little respect for you. It is our duty to resist. There is another statistic that you fail to mention; how many robberies are stopped by a person who resists. I can tell you that in the four times that I needed to use my weapon, the situation resolved itself immediately upon the actor discovering that I was armed. That is a 100% success rate. I never informed the uniformed criminals (known by some as the police) about these events since three of the events occurred in the Peoples Republic of Illinois where I was a criminal for carrying a weapon. I wonder how many of the successes never get reported to the FBI, making the statistics somewhat unreliable.
    So not only do you advise drawing a gun in a situation that (according to statistics) will most likely end right then and there with you walking home to cancel your credit cards, but you also suggest outright disobeying the law?

    I took a long break from these forums because of the whole sheepdog argument, but despite my own feelings of protecting myself and others, I'm still going to obey the law, and I'm not going to risk getting shot over some credit cards. If anything, my military ID and classified courier card gives me more of a reason to draw compared to somebody losing only their driver's license and credit cards, but as long as you don't escalate the situation through body language and what you say, there's a very, very high chance of walking home that night. Drawing in that kind of situation where the BG has the drop on you is a surefire way to get killed if you underestimated their reaction time and/or training. Not worth the risk IMHO.

    You've had to draw your weapon 4 times? You have to break the law in order to carry? Sounds like somebody needs to move.

    I also can't carry on base. I may not like it, but that's the law, and what do we do about laws we don't like? We fight to get them changed, and observe the law until they are.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Feel free to assume whatever you want. I'm going to assume that if they wanted to shoot me, they'd just do it outright and not bother with the demands. According to the FBI stats I'd be correct about 99%+ of the time and I'd be on my way home.....a little light in the wallet maybe, but in one peice.
    I do not and never will have ANY plan contingent upon the good judgment, intelligence and basic human decency of an armed robber.

    You're free to do so if you like.

    My advice to you is to NEVER carry. That way a violent criminal will not end up with your wallet, your life AND your firearm.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I do not and never will have ANY plan contingent upon the good judgment, intelligence and basic human decency of an armed robber.

    You're free to do so if you like.

    My advice to you is to NEVER carry. That way a violent criminal will not end up with your wallet, your life AND your firearm.
    Tell us, Rambo......how many BGs have you put 6 feet under?? A tough guy like you has probably planted a couple of dozen, right??

    I've read enough of your posts to know that I won't be listening to your advice any time soon.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    So not only do you advise drawing a gun in a situation that (according to statistics) will most likely end right then and there with you walking home to cancel your credit cards, but you also suggest outright disobeying the law?

    I took a long break from these forums because of the whole sheepdog argument, but despite my own feelings of protecting myself and others, I'm still going to obey the law, and I'm not going to risk getting shot over some credit cards. If anything, my military ID and classified courier card gives me more of a reason to draw compared to somebody losing only their driver's license and credit cards, but as long as you don't escalate the situation through body language and what you say, there's a very, very high chance of walking home that night. Drawing in that kind of situation where the BG has the drop on you is a surefire way to get killed if you underestimated their reaction time and/or training. Not worth the risk IMHO.

    You've had to draw your weapon 4 times? You have to break the law in order to carry? Sounds like somebody needs to move.

    I also can't carry on base. I may not like it, but that's the law, and what do we do about laws we don't like? We fight to get them changed, and observe the law until they are.
    I've come to the conclusion that there are about a dozen or so people on these boards who come here to live out their tough-guy fantasies. Keyboard ninjas they've been called and I think that sums it up. Maybe they get bullied one way or the other at work or at home, or maybe they're just overcompensating for some other inadequecies, or maybe it's just good 'ol fashioned displaced anger. In any case they can't be reasoned with and just make the vast majority of gun owners look bad.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Tell us, Rambo......how many BGs have you put 6 feet under?? A tough guy like you has probably planted a couple of dozen, right??

    I've read enough of your posts to know that I won't be listening to your advice any time soon.
    Ad hominems are no substitute for facts and reason.

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,523
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that there are about a dozen or so people on these boards who come here to live out their tough-guy fantasies.
    I've come to the conclusion that there are tiny handful of AHSA types on these boards, engaged in a false flag operation to gull the ignorant and subvert our fundamental rights of firearms ownership and self-defense.

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Ad hominems are no substitute for facts and reason.
    Find the person you asked how to correctly spell "Ad hominems" and ask them what it means and how to use it properly. And then go out and waste some more bad guys. We need you out there.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that there are tiny handful of AHSA types on these boards, engaged in a false flag operation to gull the ignorant and subvert our fundamental rights of firearms ownership and self-defense.
    I've come to the conclusion that there are a bunch of Brady-Bunchers on this board pretending to be mindless "Any Weapon, Any Time, Anywhere" pro-gun lunatics spouting all sorts of ridiculous statements in an effort to make the rest of us look bad.

    Is that you, Ms. Feinstein???
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast