Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I've come to the conclusion that there are a bunch of Brady-Bunchers on this board pretending to be mindless "Any Weapon, Any Time, Anywhere" pro-gun lunatics spouting all sorts of ridiculous statements in an effort to make the rest of us look bad.

Is that you, Ms. Feinstein???
    And then there are those, like you , who openly advocate Brady positions

Is that you Mr. Helmke???
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I've come to the conclusion that there are a bunch of Brady-Bunchers on this board pretending to be mindless "Any Weapon, Any Time, Anywhere" pro-gun lunatics spouting all sorts of ridiculous statements in an effort to make the rest of us look bad.

Is that you, Ms. Feinstein???
    The AHSA thing NEVER sells.

Question

I've come to the conclusion that there are about a dozen or so people on these boards who come here to live out their tough-guy fantasies. Keyboard ninjas they've been called and I think that sums it up. Maybe they get bullied one way or the other at work or at home, or maybe they're just overcompensating for some other inadequecies, or maybe it's just good 'ol fashioned displaced anger. In any case they can't be reasoned with and just make the vast majority of gun owners look bad.
    WOW, I have yet to see a post that your not acting like a 5th grader. Anytime someone says the littlest thing you disagree with, out comes the name calling. If you can't force them to see your point of views, you seem to feel the need to belittle them and call them names. In an effort to somehow put them back in their place? Or maybe it's just to make yourself feel good, in some sadistic way?

If in fact as you say they're trying to live out some tough guy life style on the internet. I have to ask how it affects you and impacts your life in anyway shape or form?

They are not violating any of the forum rules with their so called "Internet tough guy/Rambo talk" as you put it. They are just stating what THEY themselves would do in a given situation. So again I ask how that impacts your own life? If it really troubles you that much, as it seems it does. Why do you feel the need to keep egging them on by posting back? If it troubled you so much would you not want to walk away and stop feeding the trolls (As you so choose to call them)?....

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I've come to the conclusion that there are about a dozen or so people on these boards who come here to live out their tough-guy fantasies. Keyboard ninjas they've been called and I think that sums it up.
    Do they make a badge for that?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    You are twice as likely (1%) to be gay. what have you done to guard against that?
    Ensure that I have a regular dose of poon. Seems to keep away teh ghey very nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    They are just stating what THEY themselves would do in a given situation. So again I ask how that impacts your own life?
    If someone has control issues, failing to control the actions and indeed the opinions of others is likely to make them very angry. Hence the ad hominems and acting out.

One of the most widely misused terms on the Net is "ad hominem". It is most often introduced into a discussion by certain delicate types, delicate of personality and mind, whenever their opponents resort to a bit of sarcasm. As soon as the suspicion of an insult appears, they summon the angels of ad hominem to smite down their foes, before ascending to argument heaven in a blaze of sanctimonious glory. They may not have much up top, but by God, they don't need it when they've got ad hominem on their side. It's the secret weapon that delivers them from any argument unscathed.

In reality, ad hominem is unrelated to sarcasm or personal abuse. Argumentum ad hominem is the logical fallacy of attempting to undermine a speaker's argument by attacking the speaker instead of addressing the argument. The mere presence of a personal attack does not indicate ad hominem: the attack must be used for the purpose of undermining the argument, or otherwise the logical fallacy isn't there. It is not a logical fallacy to attack someone; the fallacy comes from assuming that a personal attack is also necessarily an attack on that person's arguments.

Therefore, if you can't demonstrate that your opponent is trying to counter your argument by attacking you, you can't demonstrate that he is resorting to ad hominem. If your opponent's sarcasm is not an attempt to counter your argument, but merely an attempt to insult you (or amuse the bystanders), then it is not part of an ad hominem argument.

Actual instances of argumentum ad hominem are relatively rare. Ironically, the fallacy is most often committed by those who accuse their opponents of ad hominem, since they try to dismiss the opposition not by engaging with their arguments, but by claiming that they resort to personal attacks. Those who are quick to squeal "ad hominem" are often guilty of several other logical fallacies, including one of the worst of all: the fallacious belief that introducing an impressive-sounding Latin term somehow gives one the decisive edge in an argument.

Ad Hominem
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Thanks Ed good definition
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    This is meaningless if you are one of the 1/2 of one percent. If you really believe this crap, why don't you turn in your CCW and sit in a corner and wet yourself. Col. Cooper (God rest his soul!) would have little respect for you. It is our duty to resist. There is another statistic that you fail to mention; how many robberies are stopped by a person who resists. I can tell you that in the four times that I needed to use my weapon, the situation resolved itself immediately upon the actor discovering that I was armed. That is a 100% success rate. I never informed the uniformed criminals (known by some as the police) about these events since three of the events occurred in the Peoples Republic of Illinois where I was a criminal for carrying a weapon. I wonder how many of the successes never get reported to the FBI, making the statistics somewhat unreliable.
    complying with a report is more hassle then it is worth and you lose annomity

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    WOW, I have yet to see a post that your not acting like a 5th grader. Anytime someone says the littlest thing you disagree with, out comes the name calling. If you can't force them to see your point of views, you seem to feel the need to belittle them and call them names. In an effort to somehow put them back in their place? Or maybe it's just to make yourself feel good, in some sadistic way?

If in fact as you say they're trying to live out some tough guy life style on the internet. I have to ask how it affects you and impacts your life in anyway shape or form?

They are not violating any of the forum rules with their so called "Internet tough guy/Rambo talk" as you put it. They are just stating what THEY themselves would do in a given situation. So again I ask how that impacts your own life? If it really troubles you that much, as it seems it does. Why do you feel the need to keep egging them on by posting back? If it troubled you so much would you not want to walk away and stop feeding the trolls (As you so choose to call them)?....
    I see your mighty sword of judgement only gets used on people who's views differ from your own. You seem to have no problem "Liking" posts from your friends which do exactly what you're so quick to criticize me (and others) for. Your hypocrisy is both amusing and a bit sad. Now that I think about it, I am feeding the trolls and this post is no exception.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast