Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Flip 'Em The Bird And Die Like A Viking

1. Dust off your copy of Cooper's "Principles of Personal Defense."

Read the section on Aggressiveness.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

I think some people on these boards spend a little too much time playing "HALO" or "Call of Duty" and watching movies like "Commando".

I truly hope for them as well as the people around them that they don't use their video-game-action-hero mentality when confronted with a situation that may require a little more tact and thought than drawing a gun and blasting away. If not there's a good chance that not only will they end up dead but so might a family member or some other bystander.

But hey....it's not every day you get a chance to die like a hero as well as giving those around you a chance to die like heroes too. How thoughtful.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I think some people on these boards spend a little too much time playing "HALO" or "Call of Duty" and watching movies like "Commando".

I truly hope for them as well as the people around them that they don't use their video-game-action-hero mentality when confronted with a situation that may require a little more tact and thought than drawing a gun and blasting away. If not there's a good chance that not only will they end up dead but so might a family member or some other bystander.

But hey....it's not every day you get a chance to die like a hero as well as giving those around you a chance to die like heroes too. How thoughtful.
    NO plan I have or ever WILL have is contingent upon an armed robber doing the "right" thing. His BEING an armed robber ruled that out from the start.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678