1911 question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1911 question

I have a S&W 1911 which I carry sometimes but on a few occasions I noticed that it might be a little bulky sometimes. I purchased a colt defender which is a shorter barrel at 45 cap and the 1911 platform.I find this perfect for me

1911's are the only Guns I carry any more!!

CHL/CWP Classes
    DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Instructor
    www.defensiveimpact.com

The Norinco M1911 that I regularly carry:

Carry a Glock instead of a 1911. To quote Tommy Lee Jones, "Lose that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock."

6. Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Carry a Glock instead of a 1911. To quote Tommy Lee Jones, "Lose that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock."
    Well, there's the word of an expert.

A Hollywierd actor that was Al Gore's college roommate.

By the way, he toted a 1911 in a couple of his movies, too. The one that jumps to mind was the movie where he pretended to be a Texas Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Why buy plastic when you can buy metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    The Norinco M1911 that I regularly carry:

Nothing wrong with a basic 1911 that add-on parts can't fix/improve. Which is what I said before, buy the gun and add to it to get what you want. Are those plastic or ivory grips?

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Nothing wrong with a basic 1911 that add-on parts can't fix/improve. Which is what I said before, buy the gun and add to it to get what you want. Are those plastic or ivory grips?
    Ajax fake ivory.

The first time I cleaned the gun, I sprayed the frame out with Shooter's Choice spray cleaner. When I went to set the frame down, I COULDN'T. The crappy plastic factory grips had melted to my hand! I think they were made out of polystyrene like a model airplane. I threw them away and bought the Ajaxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Ajax fake ivory.

The first time I cleaned the gun, I sprayed the frame out with Shooter's Choice spray cleaner. When I went to set the frame down, I COULDN'T. The crappy plastic factory grips had melted to my hand! I think they were made out of polystyrene like a model airplane. I threw them away and bought the Ajaxes.
    Ouch. Melting grips are not good.

1911A1 Colt Series 80 Government Model

The only thing I have had done to mine is to lighten and smooth the trigger soon after I got it. Last year I switched the collet barrel bushing for a solid one from Ed Brown. No change in accuracy and I no longer have to worry about it breaking.
    I've had this 1911 for at least 25 years with no problems. As long as I feed it properly and do my part it will drive tacks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast