Concealed Carry License
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Concealed Carry License

  1. #1

    Concealed Carry License

    Just returned from the Erie County Sheriff’s office after applying for my concealed carry license. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I’ll use my non-resident New Hampshire permit to carry my Kahr CW40. Some parts of Erie have really gone down hill in the five years I’ve been gone.
    Frank
    Glock 27, Glock 23, Glock 22
    Mossberg 930SPX

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by old salt View Post
    Just returned from the Erie County Sheriff’s office after applying for my concealed carry license. They told me it would take 2-3 weeks. I’ll use my non-resident New Hampshire permit to carry my Kahr CW40. Some parts of Erie have really gone down hill in the five years I’ve been gone.
    Are you a resident of New Hampshire? I don't think your New Hampshire permit is valid in South Carolina if you are not a resident of New Hampshire:

    S.C. Code of Laws Title 23 Chapter 31 Firearms - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS

    SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.

    (N) Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Are you a resident of New Hampshire? I don't think your New Hampshire permit is valid in South Carolina if you are not a resident of New Hampshire:

    S.C. Code of Laws Title 23 Chapter 31 Firearms - www.scstatehouse.gov-LPITS

    SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits.
    I’m sorry I did not make myself very clear. I moved from South Carolina to Erie PA. I will be using my non resident New Hampshire CC permit to carry in Pennsylvania until I get my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.
    Frank
    Glock 27, Glock 23, Glock 22
    Mossberg 930SPX

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    147
    old salt, you may want to update the location information on your profile, it is still showing up as SC.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by old salt View Post
    I’m sorry I did not make myself very clear. I moved from South Carolina to Erie PA. I will be using my non resident New Hampshire CC permit to carry in Pennsylvania until I get my Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms.
    Are you certain that PA recognizes a non-resident NH license?

    never mind - I found the clarification here: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/crime.aspx?id=184

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast