Ignoring Gun Buster signage. - Page 10
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 233

Thread: Ignoring Gun Buster signage.

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    You are confusing law with ethics.

    I'm not arguing the legality of ignoring a 'No Guns Allowed' sign. A quick search of the statutes and case law of your state can answer that question for you.

    I'm arguing about the ethics of ignoring a 'No Guns Allowed' sign while fiercely defending your own right to legally carry a gun.


    Is it legal?

    Kinda but not really because by doing so you are opening yourself up to a potential trespassing charge.

    Is it ethical?

    Nope, not to me it isn't. If you have to limit another person's right to control their property to exercise your right to carry a gun, then I feel you are the one in the wrong.

    Just because you legally can do something doesn't mean it is ethical to actually do it.

    You're right. I am arguing a legal issue. Ethics are subjective. Your moral compass points you one way. Mine may not point in the same direction on every choice, thought, subject or position.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    You are confusing law with ethics.

    I'm not arguing the legality of ignoring a 'No Guns Allowed' sign. A quick search of the statutes and case law of your state can answer that question for you.

    I'm arguing about the ethics of ignoring a 'No Guns Allowed' sign while fiercely defending your own right to legally carry a gun.


    Is it legal?

    Kinda but not really because by doing so you are opening yourself up to a potential trespassing charge.

    Is it ethical?

    Nope, not to me it isn't. If you have to limit another person's right to control their property to exercise your right to carry a gun, then I feel you are the one in the wrong.

    Just because you legally can do something doesn't mean it is ethical to actually do it.
    exactly!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It's not a right, it's a request. And no, he's saying that if they don't like his possession of a forbidden item, he'll leave when requested.
    The problem I have is the fact that you feel that they have to ask you to leave. They have already made their stance on the matter clear but you choose to ignore it. If it is 'forbidden' and you know it, then don't carry it in there to begin with.

  5. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    You're right. I am arguing a legal issue. Ethics are subjective. Your moral compass points you one way. Mine may not point in the same direction on every choice, thought, subject or position.
    Its pretty bad when a man has to be TOLD to respect the rights of others.

    Did you play well with others as a child....or were you one of 'those' kids?

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I respect the rights of others. I don't respect stupid rules I don't have a duty to follow. I have that choice.
    So YOU get to define everyones rights here, is that it?
    Anything YOU discern as 'stupid rules' doesnt have to be followed?

    I can choose to not patronize an establishment that posts stupid signs. I have in the past. I can choose to ignore their signs. I have in the past. I have the right to choose.
    And there ya go.
    Dont go in if theyre posted or disarm like theyve asked.

    Your opinion of my choices does nothing to affect me.
    Actually they do.
    When that nut in AZ went on that shooting spree every BradyDrone I saw was claiming he was a right wing extremist.
    Wasnt true, but had it been, yeah, he affects ME and ALL of us because now that he did that the gun control whackjobs are at it again.
    Yeah..it ALL affects me...and US.


    I may be proving your point, only if I choose to not respect the rights of others.
    If you ignore a sign as you have admitted to already, you have chosen not to respect the rights of others.
    Its pitiful that you cant grasp this concept...scary in fact.

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    42
    It must be terrible that someone has a differing opinion and you can't do a thing about it.


  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It must be terrible that someone has a differing opinion and you can't do a thing about it.
    Actually someone can.
    They can vote for representatives who will pass laws so the signs hold the weight of law like they do here in Ohio.
    See how that works?

    I mean, since little immature children with guns have to be TOLD to respect others..

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Actually they do.
    When that nut in AZ went on that shooting spree every BradyDrone I saw was claiming he was a right wing extremist.
    Wasnt true, but had it been, yeah, he affects ME and ALL of us because now that he did that the gun control whackjobs are at it again.
    Yeah..it ALL affects me...and US.
    It's funny how my concealed firearm, that nobody knows about but me, is being compared to the Arizona shooter. Sounds like something straight out of the Brady Campaign..... oh, wait.... they don't know about my concealed firearm.... nevermind. Except that I have posted my picture on here, they know I live in Oak Harbor, Washington, and they know I might be carrying past a no firearms sign.... dang it. I'll bet they are staking out businesses in Oak Harbor now with metal detecting wands looking for me. Except I haven't seen a gun buster sign anywhere in Oak Harbor.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    It's funny how my concealed firearm, that nobody knows about but me, is being compared to the Arizona shooter.
    Youre a laugh.
    No one compared YOU personally to the AZ shooter, nimrod...learn some comprehension skills.

    However, when your type doesnt respect the rights of others it DOES reflect on the whole.
    Just like racist pukes who blame ALL blacks for the crimes of the few.

    Sounds like something straight out of the Brady Campaign..... oh, wait.... they don't know about my concealed firearm.... nevermind.
    Sure they do...youve been spouting out for days how you carry anyway.
    Certainly you arent naive enough to think the enemy doesnt read here, I hope.

    Another reason I started this thread, friend. I know they read on forums like this..and I want them to see with their own eyes that your type is a minority and that we ARE chastising you for infringing on their right to tell us NO GUNS on THEIR PRIVATE property.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    So, you feel is that it's OK for YOU to ignore their rights to dictate what is allowable on their property as long as YOU get to exercise your rights.

    That's is what you are saying, right?
    What I am saying is that my concealed firearm is my business and none of theirs because my concealed firearm has no effect on their business. It takes nothing away from them. It causes them no damage. It affects them ZERO.

    It would be like if they posted a sign that said no tattoos allowed on the premises. So, I guess a person with a Mom tatoo on their ankle covered by a sock and a boot should stay out?

    What frickin' difference does it make?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast