Ignoring Gun Buster signage. - Page 11
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignoring Gun Buster signage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Its pretty bad when a man has to be TOLD to respect the rights of others.

Did you play well with others as a child....or were you one of 'those' kids?
    Why shouldn't the property owner just WAIVE his rights the way you want innocent citizens to waive their rights to refuse consent to a warrantless search by police?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    What I am saying is that my concealed firearm is my business and none of theirs because my concealed firearm has no effect on their business. It takes nothing away from them. It causes them no damage. It affects them ZERO.
    just like your cheating on your wife and leaving no evidence affects her ZERO.
    Thats ok then?
    Great....

It would be like if they posted a sign that said no tattoos allowed on the premises. So, I guess a person with a Mom tatoo on their ankle covered by a sock and a boot should stay out?
    Another idiotic extreme...tattoos dont kill another person, but for the sake of your asinine argument, yes, the property owner has the RIGHT to demand no tattoos...and it should be followed EVEN IF it doesnt carry the weight of law.
    What frickin' difference does it make?
    EXACTLY!
    In YOUR mind no one is hurt if YOU decide no one is hurt or no ones rights were infringed.
    Thats exactly the sort of reasoning we get from anti gunners. THEY get to decide in their opinion.

A man with honor and integrity, however, willingly follows the wishes of the private property owner, if for no other reason than to set the example.
    Just as HE doesnt want HIS rights infringed, he respects the rights of others EVEN IF HE DOESNT AGREE OR THINK ANYONE IS "HURT"...simply because he IS honorable.

I guess that concept died out with chivalry.
    Only the old timers seem to even care about this stuff anymore.

Actually someone can.
    They can vote for representatives who will pass laws so the signs hold the weight of law like they do here in Ohio.
    See how that works?

I mean, since little immature children with guns have to be TOLD to respect others..
    Or conversely, we could vote to make the signs mere SUGGESTIONS.

By the way, NOBODY should take Ruger's statements regarding Ohio law as correct, rational or even honest. Remember, he's the one who thinks that ARMED ROBBERY is a PROPERTY crime here.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Why shouldn't the property owner just WAIVE his rights the way you want innocent citizens to waive their rights to refuse consent to a warrantless search by police?
    His waiving his rights is to not post a sign.
    Why he does or doesnt isnt my business.

Actually someone can.
    They can vote for representatives who will pass laws so the signs hold the weight of law like they do here in Ohio.
    See how that works?

I mean, since little immature children with guns have to be TOLD to respect others..

Not likely. Especially since the state legislature is working to pass easier carry laws, allowing for transport without our LTCH to a gun range for practice. And to allow for the storage of firearms in a locked vehicle on school property. And have not introduced any legislation mentioning signage.

I didn't say "someone" could do anything about it. I said YOU. My opinion differs from YOURS and YOU cannot do anything about it. YOU can only attempt to sway me with debate or facts. That's not likely, but you can keep trying.

Carrying is a grave responsibility. I carry to school where school policy does not allow and State law does,

BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT ON MY CONSCIENCE THAT I COULD HAVE STOPPED A MASS SHOOTING AND A SIGN MADE ME BACK DOWN FROM THAT RESPONSIBILITY!

I don't carry because it's my hobby and I look cool doing it (yeah that weird love handle bulge on my right hip looks sweet).

I carry because I feel a deep responsibility to protect the innocent and myself.

No gun signs don't equate to a murder free zone where my duty to the helpless does not apply.

So sorry, I don't agree with your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Or conversely, we could vote to make the signs mere SUGGESTIONS.
    Hmmm lets see.
    business owners are voters much of the time.
    Business owner posts sign that says "NO GUNS"
    Gunpacker ignores sign and comes in anyway thereby violating the right of the business owner to say what CANT be on HIS property.
    yeah...this owner is going to rush right down to the polls and make his sign a 'suggestion'
    Where is that big EYEROLL smiley when you need it?

By the way, NOBODY should take Ruger's statements regarding Ohio law as correct, rational or even honest.
    Youre frankly an idiot.
    Ive already posted in another thread about signage here.
    Need to see it again, my illiterate, blind friend?

Ohio STATE AG handbook, page 17

Signage
    The law does not say precisely what language must be on the sign.
    At a minimum, signs must be conspicuous and inform people that firearms and/or concealed handguns are prohibited. However, the law suggests that the prohibited locations post a sign that substantially says the following:
    Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly handgun or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.
    An example of a standard warning sign approved for use on state buildings appears below.
    If you see this sign, it means that you cannot bring your concealed handgun inside.
    Businesses and persons wishing to post such signs are strongly advised to consult their legal counsel for language, style, format and placement.
    huh...guess that shoots that stupidity down in flames

Remember, he's the one who thinks that ARMED ROBBERY is a PROPERTY crime here.
    And youre a liar to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    So sorry, I don't agree with your stance.
    No one is requiring that you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Not likely. Especially since the state legislature is working to pass easier carry laws, allowing for transport without our LTCH to a gun range for practice. And to allow for the storage of firearms in a locked vehicle on school property. And have not introduced any legislation mentioning signage.
    I frankly feel sorry for the anti-gunners where your type lives as laws become more relaxed, as nuts as that seems.
    Your type doesnt care about the rights of others, clearly, and as we can all see here you'll push the envelope as much as you can.
    As laws might become more lax, we can fully expect that you'll be following suit in your own sense of 'morality'.

His waiving his rights is to not post a sign.
    Then why aren't you advocating that he not post a sign?

You advocate innocent citizens waiving their right to refuse consent for a warrantless search.

Why he does or doesnt isnt my business.
    You've made it your "business" why people refuse consent for warrantless police searches.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast