Ignoring Gun Buster signage. - Page 13
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 233

Thread: Ignoring Gun Buster signage.

  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Repeating your statements about self-defense in Ohio isn't a lie. it's just repeating YOUR lie so that people will know not to believe anything you say.
    YOu mean this?

    Ohio STATE AG handbook, page 17

    Signage
    The law does not say precisely what language must be on the sign.
    At a minimum, signs must be conspicuous and inform people that firearms and/or concealed handguns are prohibited. However, the law suggests that the prohibited locations post a sign that substantially says the following:
    Unless otherwise authorized by law, pursuant to the Ohio Revised Code, no person shall knowingly possess, have under the person’s control, convey, or attempt to convey a deadly handgun or dangerous ordnance onto these premises.
    An example of a standard warning sign approved for use on state buildings appears below.
    If you see this sign, it means that you cannot bring your concealed handgun inside.
    Businesses and persons wishing to post such signs are strongly advised to consult their legal counsel for language, style, format and placement.
    As I said, pal, SHOW me where Ive lied.


    .

  2.   
  3. #122
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Youre a moron.
    NOTHING you have EVER said here has risen above the "intellectual" level of the above quoted puerile banality.

    But then AHSA types have never been the sharpest blintzes in the drawer.

  4. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    NOTHING you have EVER said here has risen above the "intellectual" level of the above quoted puerile banality.

    But then AHSA types have never been the sharpest blintzes in the drawer.
    your accusations are just distraction from the fact that youve BS lie was exposed, pal.

  5. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    As I said, pal, SHOW me where Ive lied.
    I already have.

    Show everyone where in the Ohio Revised Code it defines armed robbery as a PROPERTY crime.

  6. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    your accusations are just distraction from the fact that youve BS lie was exposed, pal.
    Speaking of "BS lies", tell everyone again how armed robbery is a PROPERTY crime in Ohio.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    Another idiotic extreme...tattoos dont kill another person
    There it is! The exact argument that ALL anti-gun people use! Guns are different becaus they have the capability to kill.

    Seriously, just come clean.... we know you support the Brady Campaign, or the Violence Policy Center, maybe even the Children's Defense Fund. Any minute now, I am sure you are going to say something about "but what about the children."

    Oh, wait, you already did. Somewhere back there in your drivel you posted that we were bad examples for our children.

    Seriously.... you are acting like someone who is looking for any excuse to make gun owners and those that care about their rights and freedoms as raving lunatics out to shoot anything that moves or, at the minimum, cop killers.

    Give it up and take your nonsense to the Brady Campaign or VPC. They have exactly the same goal as you do - grab at whatever straw they can find and blow it up to try to attempt to make anybody who values self protection and the right to self protection as a raving lunatic who is a danger to society.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  8. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    42
    So, wait, my state makes it easier to carry a gun without being worried about committing a felony (as the carry without a LTCH even to a gun range and leaving my sidearm in the car at a school are), and the antis are going to have a hard time? Doing what?

    I have my LTCH which allows me to carry everywhere legally allowed (I follow the law). I don't worry about carrying to a range, but there are those who only have firearms for self defense at home that will currently commit a felony if they do not have a LTCH if they do carry to a range. The new legislation would squash that. Good, I say. One step closer to the 2A.

    The current Indiana code also says carry on school property unless I'm driving the vehicle and dropping off someone is a felony, even with a LTCH. They're making it so I'm not becoming a felon by taking one step outside the driver's door of my vehicle with any firearm in my vehicle. That makes things so much easier should I need to step into a school, I can leave my firearm behind and not be breaking a law.

    How does this mean I'll be "pushing the envelope" so the antis have more, what, fuel? Should those bills become law, I'll be following them just as I follow them as written right now. That won't suddenly mean I'll be ignoring the law and carrying my sidearm into the school. And I can't be charged with a felony for carrying to a range, as I'm licensed.

    The antis can bluster and blow smoke and complain that the laws are too lax. Big deal.

    You still seem to be attempting to push some moral issue when I'm speaking about the legal issue. You don't get it, do you? I follow the law. I carry where and when I'm legally allowed. If I go to a school, I don't carry period, unless I'm driving and dropping someone off, never leaving my car, per the law.

    The law being changed so that my fellow Indiana citizens are less restricted in their carry is a good thing, no matter what the antis say.

    Do you think they're antis because they're intimidated by someone with a sidearm? Do you think they're antis because they fear our weapons? Possibly. By carrying and being a upstanding, honest, positive influence, I prove them wrong that every gun carrier is a whackjob. They see that I carry and go about my normal day without being that monster they think of, and hopefully, a little of that fear or hate dies inside of them.

    I still don't care what they think. I'll continue to tell them that gun laws don't restrict criminals. They only restrict honest law abiding citizens.

  9. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    Ultimately it's an ethics issue and carrying past a gunbuster sign doesn't even register on my scale. My ethics are just fine w/ carrying a gun in a store where the owner prefers I don't.

    Ultimately, I can't justify that to someone who's ethics say that isn't ok so I'm not going to try.

    I carried a gun illegally ( Not against the rules but in violation of state law) for years.

    My life philosophy is different than most of the posters here I am not a sheep dog I am a reformed (barely) criminal. I carry a gun because I know there’s a world full of people just like me out there. They will take what they want and they don’t fight fair. They also give lass than a damn about your gunbuster sign.

    Every thing (and I mean every thing) they do has an angle. Every thing they offer you has a hook in it and if they think for a second you’re weaker than they are they will take you for everything they can.

    When I’m out and about I don’t interact w/ people I don’t know unless I am forced to do so. I don’t trust you, I don’t like you. I really don’t want anything to do w/ you and, you sure as Hell are not welcome in my personal space. I avoid 90% of the predators out there just from having that attitude. They pass me right by looking for an easy mark.


    Comparetively speaking this is Machs Nix
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    But then AHSA types have never been the sharpest blintzes in the drawer.
    Youre hilarious.
    You lied about my representation of Ohio law.
    Now youre lying by making claims Im somehow affiliated with this AHSA whatever.

    Its not too hard to figure out that a man with ZERO respect for the rights of others isnt going to have much morality about lying either.

  11. #130

    Civil rights

    We, all the licensed CCW/CCH licensed citizens, chose to get training, submit to a background check, pay for a license. What if the sign was like those that were all over the South prior to 1965? What if the signs said, "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" instead of GUNS? Personally I feel insulted and discriminated against for no valid reason. We all know that criminals prefer unarmed victims. Places with gunbuster signs will attract criminals just as dead fish attract catfish, turtles and disease. Since the HELLER and McDonald cases have established the individual right to own firearms for self-defense, and since no postal employee went "postal" before about 1964 when postal workers/mail carriers were disarmed and also airline pilots who previously were required to have a gun to protect the mail. One big problem with the legal system, courts assume that any law is "probably" constitutional until it is proven to be unconstitutional AND only a person who has been tried and punished for violation has standing to sue. There is absolutely no justification for bans on guns on Corps of Engineers property, lakes and rivers, public areas of Post Offices, police station lobbies where a person may need to go to report a crime or accident. Military bases are unarmed 99.6% which explains how one terrorist was able to kill so many. I hope that some people do violate some of these prohibitions just so they can go eventually to the SCOUS. The person should be licensed or in a State that has Constitutional Carry and have a spotless record. A lawyer, school teacher, pastor and veteran with a Congressional Medal of Honor and a big bankroll.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast