Ignoring Gun Buster signage. - Page 4
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 233

Thread: Ignoring Gun Buster signage.

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    We've been round and round this topic in other threads before. You know that I disagree with those who ignore the signs. I am a strong proponent of 2A rights, but I am also a strong proponent of property owners right.

    Aexanda45, you are mistaken about the distinction between business property and private property. Business property is property that has been zoned to allow a commercial business to operate on it. However, it is still private property. I know this from my experiences when I was the director of security at a northern Virginia mall. The property owner can still make restrictions upon their property as long as they don't discriminate against a PROTECTED class of people. (i.e. black, gay, female, aged, etc...)

    As we all know from the governments attacks on our gun rights, we are not protected in the eyes of the government. At least not yet.
    Dont ge me wrong, and I know you'll say the same, but I really wish we could get the ones who post GB signs to understand it doesnt help or matter.
    Felons dont obey signs (well, some gunpacker dont either, obviously) so only law abiding gun owners will be the ones who do (again, not true in many cases based on the responses of some here).
    So in the end its only the law abiding who they are keeping out.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I taught my children to have self-respect and integrity by respecting other's property. If Mr. Crabapple tells you to stay off his lawn, then stay off his lawn. If someone asks you to take off your shoes before entering their house, then take off your shoes. If a store says "no shirt no service" then either put on a shirt or don't go into the store.

    I'd wouldn't expect anything less from an adult.
    WOW!
    This is EXACTLY what Im talking about !
    Common decency...HONOR and INTEGRITY...RESPECT for others.
    I guess a small sub-sect of gunpackers these days have lost this somewhere.

    Wouldnt it be nice if WE set the EXAMPLE to live by, instead of just getting by following the rules we cant get away with breaking ?

    I guess my mother did a better job than I thought.

  4. #33
    I agree. I've often wondered why the anti-gun crowd thinks that a sign is going to force a criminal to suddenly obey the law.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Not much support for Ruger....
    HAHAHAHA. Ah, thats good.
    Sorry gent but a couple posters here dont really mean much...and a few havent exactly take the extremist view you have...so please...

    If I need an item and there is a store that has that item on sale, cheaper than anywhere else. And that store has a sign on the door banning firearms. That sign has no legal weight in Washington - it is not illegal to carry past the sign (except for gov't buildings, schools, etc.)
    I'll pay a dollar more rather than support a business that has a sign and fights to take my rights away at the polls.

    So, I cover up my gun and go in and buy what I want and leave.
    Thanks.
    A previous poster asked for me to show someone who actually DOES this....well here ya go, friend.

    Let me ask..... who loses in this situation?
    Who 'loses' if you cheat on your wife and she never finds out..assuming you didnt get any STDs, of course?

    You really see it that way?
    Frightening to wonder what else you do that you can 'get away with'.

    Sure, there are some that will say I am supporting their no gun policy by shopping there anyway... and that is a consideration. But in these economic times, quite frankly, we need all the private enterprise we can get, and I weigh the benefit to my economic situation.
    Please. The price differences arent enough that you cant just shop somewhere else.
    Not that you have to justify yourself to me.
    Shop where you want.
    Just dont expect me to fight for YOUR rights while you have no respect for someone elses.

    Also, there are simply some venues of entertainment that are going to be 99% always firearms banned. So, do I deny my family the opportunity to engage in those entertainment venues because they have a gun buster sign up for insurance reasons? Do I let them or myself go unarmed simply because of a meaningless sign?
    Insurance reasons are nothing but BS. A business who puts up a sign can be sued by someone who obeys the sign and then gets shot by someone with a gun because the store deprived them of their ability to defend themselves.
    Ive seen articles with lawyers myself who said this is a very distinct possibility, not sure if its already happened or not.

    Either way it goes, lawsuits can be filed.

    Here's one perspective - I emailed the management of a local shopping mall and asked about their firearms policy. Their head of security emailed me back. He said, yes, of course we have the sign. He admitted it was a "feel good" measure and to satisfy the insurance company. He also said he fully realized the sign or the policy protected nobody and would do nothing to prevent a criminal act. He also stated that to him and his security personnel concealed meant concealed and if they didn't see it then there was no issue and that he fully understood the self protection issue and, in fact, wished that more people did fulfil their responsibility to provide for their own protection. He said off the clock he carried his own gun past the signs.
    So hes a rule breaker too then...no respect for the property owner or the one leasing it.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    I agree. I've often wondered why the anti-gun crowd thinks that a sign is going to force a criminal to suddenly obey the law.
    That one is just amazing.
    I mean, how stupid can they be to think that a LAW BREAKER is going to obey a SIGN
    Especially when we have gunpackers who are supposedly law abiding who dont even obey them?

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Troll! Troll!

    While you are at it why not throw in "anti-gun" and "brady bunch" and "commie" and "nazi" and "socialists" and "he started this thread to force obamacare on us"
    oh lord. Dont get me started on obamacare.

    I did a search for the cost and at my meager income range, even with the tax credits, it will destroy us financially. And Im not even beginning to exaggerate.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    nogods, I agree with your stance on this issue, but statements like that don't help our argument. In all reality, it was probably done to troll.
    You might have asked first before assuming.
    This was going on in 2 or 3 other threads. I decided last night to make a new one to get it contained here.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebarr View Post
    Um, maybe right here:




    "Lawless" "rule breakers", etc....

    Your own words in a thread titled: "Ignoring Gun Buster Signage (sic)".
    hmmmm...see because I see RULE breaking there, not LAW breaking because I KNOW that the law doesnt stop gunpackers from walking past the signs in many states like it does here.
    Ive been trying to make sure to make the distinction.

    lawless extremists who only obey the rules they cant get away with breaking

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger357SP101 View Post
    hmmmm...see because I see RULE breaking there, not LAW breaking because I KNOW that the law doesnt stop gunpackers from walking past the signs in many states like it does here.
    Ive been trying to make sure to make the distinction.

    Fun with semantics, really?

    Quote:
    lawless extremists who only obey the rules they cant get away with breaking
    Lawless:

    lawless [ˈlɔːlɪs]
    adj
    1. (Law) without law
    2. (Law) disobedient to the law
    3. (Law) contrary to or heedless of the law
    4. uncontrolled; unbridled lawless rage
    lawlessly adv
    lawlessness n

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebarr View Post
    Fun with semantics, really?



    Lawless:
    Well, use that melon atop your shoulders there for a second.
    I KNOW that many states DONT make it ILLEGAL to walk right past a gunbuster sign like it is here.
    uh....so HOW could I then accuse someone in one of those states of being a LAW BREAKER if they havent BROKEN THE LAW?
    The do, however, break the 'rules' that private property owners have posted for that particular property.

    How about you sit down, shut up, read for a while to get your facts straight, then come back and talk about this once your head has cleared?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast