"No Guns" signs in VA

Thread: "No Guns" signs in VA

"No Guns" signs in VA

There has been a lot of discussion on here about the "No Guns" signs. I just wondered if anyone knew if VA has certain sign criteria as some other states do. I know with some states the sign has to be a certain size, in a certain location etc. just wondering about VA.

As far as I know there is no standard for what the sign needs to look like or reference any statute. I've seen them in every configuration from huge decals with the cross buck thru a handgun to hand written signs. The key is that the private property owner must notify you, however the notification happens is up to them.

Code of VA 18.2-308 The granting of a concealed handgun permit shall not thereby authorize the possession of any handgun or other weapon on property or in places where such possession is otherwise prohibited by law or is prohibited by the owner of private property.

Rick
    Bristow, VA

4. Americans SUCK! We have the Government that we deserve! The Majority of Americans SUCK, they said a long time ago "Here, take care of my kids, take care of my retirement (S.S.), take care of my Health, etc, etc. People have just opened their arms to embrace the slave master (Government). It's amazing that so many people love Government and want it to take care of them or if they don't like something they want the Government to fix it (Seat Belts, Guns, Kids Car seats, etc). Why do people want the Government to regulate everything? That is not freedom! People care more about "American Idol" than our Country and our Future and our Freedoms. Have you seen how much we owe now? 15 Trillion dollars, Obama and the Libs have spent 5 Trillion dollars since 2009 and it's unsustainable! If you love America you should at least pay attention to politics every once in a while and contact your Senators, etc and make sure you vote for the right people. Right now we have the GOVERNMENT THAT WE DESERVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Zander_SIG View Post
    Americans SUCK! We have the Government that we deserve! The Majority of Americans SUCK, they said a long time ago "Here, take care of my kids, take care of my retirement (S.S.), take care of my Health, etc, etc. People have just opened their arms to embrace the slave master (Government). It's amazing that so many people love Government and want it to take care of them or if they don't like something they want the Government to fix it (Seat Belts, Guns, Kids Car seats, etc). Why do people want the Government to regulate everything? That is not freedom! People care more about "American Idol" than our Country and our Future and our Freedoms. Have you seen how much we owe now? 15 Trillion dollars, Obama and the Libs have spent 5 Trillion dollars since 2009 and it's unsustainable! If you love America you should at least pay attention to politics every once in a while and contact your Senators, etc and make sure you vote for the right people. Right now we have the GOVERNMENT THAT WE DESERVE!
    I'm pretty sure theres a sub forums for idiots to put there political rants in. Also last time I check this is a PRO-RIGHTS site!!!!! So WTF are you talking about? Go back to you bunker and wrap the foil around your head so the government can't read your thoughts......lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by kotaNsid View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion on here about the "No Guns" signs. I just wondered if anyone knew if VA has certain sign criteria as some other states do. I know with some states the sign has to be a certain size, in a certain location etc. just wondering about VA.
    No, you usually see a VERY small gunbuster on a corner of a door every once in a while. Sometimes natl' chains will have it in big type ie. Buffalo Wild Wings, I see alot of them being in Richmond but outside the city you usually don't see them at all.

I used to be the Director of Security at the Manassas Mall. They had a small sign at all the mall entrance doors, along with the printed "rules" at each entrance. The Mall owner was a HUGE lib.