How do you feel/react to "No Guns" signs? - Page 3

View Poll Results: See thread title.

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • I ignore the sign. Conceaed means concealed.

29 29.00%
  • I disarm and then enter.

6 6.00%
  • I refuse to enter. Armed or not.

49 49.00%
  • Breaking the owners rules violates their rights.

9 9.00%
  • Breaking the owners rules does not violate their rights, only their rules.

12 12.00%
  • Every rule should be followed all of the time. No exceptions.

2 2.00%
  • It is okay to break some rules.

6 6.00%
  • A business owner has the right to make rules that violate a persons rights.

3 3.00%
  • A business owner does not have the right to make a rule that takes away my rights.

18 18.00%
  • All your base are belong to us.

10 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel/react to "No Guns" signs?

1. We have a bowling ally in town that posted a NO CONCEALED firearms sign,very large 18' x 18' . Soon I will O.C. in this business.

Quote Originally Posted by x1wildone View Post
    We have a bowling ally in town that posted a NO CONCEALED firearms sign,very large 18' x 18' . Soon I will O.C. in this business.
    Are you anywhere close to VA? I'd like to be there to preserve that encounter on video.

And see how long it'll take mgmt to update the sign.

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine Falcon View Post
    I did vote but I haven't been carrying long enough to really know what I do. I have purchased a small hard-sided pistol box with a padlock .......
    It seems like a good idea to be proactive and let the business owners know that you are not going to use their business.

If you don't let them know then it won't be a problem for them.

I voted to ignore the signs, but I also don't enter those businesses that I know are anti-gun. For instance, this week I had to visit the doctor's office which is inside a hospital with a small "no weapons" sign. Since I wasn't going to have to remove clothing for this visit, I just concealed.

I haven't seen any "no guns" signs on businesses where I live, but have heard of others who have been asked to leave certain businesses in other cities. There aren't many, thank goodness. I don't go into the ones I know about such as Toys R Us or Costco.

Here in the Gunshine state those signs mean didlysquat. And are adhered to accordingly.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Huh?

Whoops, I thought that meant they didn't have any guns! Guess the joke's on me!
    Alan, TN

I went into a mall the other day in Boston and was armed as usual. I did look at the entrance as I am now interested in who bans and who does not. Not seeing any type of sign in the least on the main entrance, I went in, had dinner with my family and while leaving later on I went out a small side door directly next to the main doors & revolving doors. On the side of the building on a little bitty sign there were some rules and concealed weapons were not allowed. It was pretty hidden from the public. Do they really expect someone to hunt around to find this little sign? I really don't think so. I think it is there so they can say "we have it posted" if there were to be an issue where you might have had reason to use your firearm. It is probably an insurance/liability thing (get out of jail free) card for the owners of the mall. If they don't want firearms in there, that's up to them but post it clearly so there is no question.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    It seems like a good idea to be proactive and let the business owners know that you are not going to use their business.

If you don't let them know then it won't be a problem for them.
    Agreed. Let them know. It is the ONLY way they are going to realize they are losing business..

I don't usually carry my gun so the sign wouldn't matter. If I am carrying I will abide by his wishes and not enter. I respect the rights of property owners. Perhaps he's scared of guns or believes all the hype from the anti's.

I'm sure he understands that criminals will always obey the law and will always abide by his wishes.

GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Here in the Gunshine state those signs mean didlysquat. And are adhered to accordingly.
    There are lawyers that would tell you otherwise. We don't have case law on it yet so YMMV. But then none of the places down here have the signs either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast