• No

10 16.95%
  • Already have one

27 45.76%
  • Don't care about either.

1 1.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utah CCW application submitted

Typically, Utah tries to process your payment 30 days from the date they receive it. Once the payment has cleared, it should be about 4-5 weeks before you receive it in the mail.
    Be the one who walks away

3. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    05/10/2011
    Yea, I know, I was just messing with you!

I sent my application in on March 24 and they processed my CC on March 31, so I should get mine just before Memorial Day.

Took my Utah class on March 19, mailed application March 21, received permit today, May 16 - not bad!

5. My wife and I sent in our applications together - same envelope. Utah processed our credit cards on March 21st. The wife got her permit on Friday and I got mine yesterday.

The strange thing is hers was "processed" 3 days before mine and her permit expires 3 days before mine.

Total time was 7 weeks from credit crad being charged to having the permit in hand.

6. Mailed mine in April 1st, the check was cashed on April 11th, and I got the permit on June 2...
    Roughly 60 days, with a Holiday weekend to slow things down a day or two...
    Not bad, but I wish there was a way to check on the progress!

7. As I predicted, I got mine the week before Memorial Day. The Madison County Sheriff (AL) took longer than the state of UT.

The instructor who taught me the Utah course said that Utah has been inundated with applications so 60 days could easily become 120. I don't have the exact number of days it took to receive my permit here in NY but it was right around 60 days. Just as I started thnking, gee that thing should be arriving sometime soon, it showed up 3 days later :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rbgiantfan View Post
    The instructor who taught me the Utah course said that Utah has been inundated with applications so 60 days could easily become 120.
    Doesn't matter how inundated they get...the law only allows them 60 days... :-)

My app was processed on April 11th and I spoke to them last week. They said it will be issued or denied this week, yeay!

I live in WI, so getting one makes since because WI doesn't currently offer a permit. Why are you folks in other states getting a UT permit?

Why are you folks in other states getting a UT permit?[/QUOTE]

Reciprocity. Next to Florida, the Utah permit is recognized by the most states.

Mine took the full 60 days, plus I had to resubmit a second set of fingerprints after my card was issued.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast