My First Day Concealed Carrying - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My First Day Concealed Carrying

You people need to get over yourselves. If you can't handle a bit of satire you have problems.

[Sarcasm] Better yet turn in your guns and find a jacket that fits tight and makes you hug yourself all day long. Anyone who can't see the humor in this or is taking it seriously is wound to tight and will eventually wind up in a padded room, sitting in a corner, and spending their days trying to bite their ear.[/sarcasm]
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Okay, I'm all for having a little fun from time to time. There are times we can all really use a good chuckle but if someone is going to post a seemingly fictitious and obviously embellished tale as just a funny story or whatever, then I think IMHO that the member starting the thread/tale/story should somehow, somewhere, state that this thread IS JUST THAT. Just sayin, But hey, that's just me.

Now as far as this thought that I / We should swap my guns for a straight-jacket is not only silly, but is going just a little far. If this very detailed story was really true, than I think that that person is going way beyond being legal or at least anything that Law Enforcement would look upon asanything besides unnerving or a good thing. Not that keeping an eye on one's neighborhood is in anyway a bad thing, we do ourselves out here, but the method in which the story tells of is, especially in a suburban/urban setting as stated.
    Now on the other hand, in a rural area where it may take Law Enforcement several minutes and even as much as 1 1/2 hours to arrive IF called, an area that don't get regular patrols, or an area which has been effected by mischievious or criminal activity, I believe that it is the duty and common courtesy of good law-abiding neighbors to keep an eye & ear out for anything out of the ordinary which is something that we and our neighbors do for each other out here in the sticks. All of course with the knowledge of our Sheriff and his deputies, since they understand the rural lifestyle and our ways of handling things.Out here we HAVE TO BE self-sufficient. Many of them live in the same kind of neighborhoods that we do which can run up to 2 or 3 miles between ranches and neighbors. We also keep each other notified if any of us are going to be gone for an couple of days as a precaution as we have valuble assests and livestock which might be and has been damaged or stolen. There is a difference though in such an enviroment between checking out suspicious activity or stopping to ask anybody who is not suppose to be there, who they are and what they are up to while being armed with pistol or whatever long gun we happen to keep in our trucks, or interving if need be as a last resort and Patroling a suburb or city loaded for bear and looking to get into a confrontation.
    But that's just my opinion.

Now before anybody accuses me of being a hypocrit because I say that neighbors watchout for neighbors and their property as a common courtesy and just the way we do things way out here in the sticks, BUT, I seemingly look down upon going out on PATROL in a suburban/urban setting loaded for bear or even an invasion of a small third world country with a full arsenal and what I can only see as looking for a confrontation................TOTALLY DIFFERENT ENVIROMENTS......APPLES AND COCONUTS.

4. This thread needs a popcorn smiley!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    You people need to get over yourselves. If you can't handle a bit of satire you have problems. Better yet turn in your guns and find a jacket that fits tight and makes you hug yourself all day long. Anyone who can't see the humor in this or is taking it seriously is wound to tight and will eventually wind up in a padded room, sitting in a corner, and spending their days trying to bite their ear.
    I actually AM a new user, so I've really got no history with the "satire" of the OP. And by the way, I really enjoy a good piece of well written satire...that wasn't satire in any sense of the word. It was apparently just a piece of inane fiction. Part of being a forum member is knowing who to ignore in the future. Lesson learned.

Now let me go bite my ear.

7. I really hope this is satire or this guy has a very twisted idea of what CCW is all about. What bothers me is if someone who is anti gun would get hold of a story like this and run with it. It could do a hell of alot of damage to our cause for getting public opinon and laws changed. JMHO

Come on guys really?

I shouldn't need to write this next line but, the OP is a satirical piece and is fictional in its entireity . It was originally posted on another gun board several years ago and I am not the original author.

Unfortunately, this type of satire doesn't really work if you announce it as such ( you shouldn't need to anyway) at the beginning of the piece.

I think it's hilarious that so many of you really thought this was a serious piece and I agree w/ Beau some of you really need to get over yourselves.

For the record I don't remember my first day concealed carrying, I put the gun in my pocket and got on about my business and I was carrying illegally. Which is one of the reason I think most gun laws are a waste of time because speaking as a former criminal I paid no attention at all to gun laws I just did what I was going to do.

Y'all go on ahead and hate on.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    You people need to get over yourselves. If you can't handle a bit of satire you have problems.

[Sarcasm] Better yet turn in your guns and find a jacket that fits tight and makes you hug yourself all day long. Anyone who can't see the humor in this or is taking it seriously is wound to tight and will eventually wind up in a padded room, sitting in a corner, and spending their days trying to bite their ear.[/sarcasm]
    Edited to add sarcasm.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Come on guys really?

I shouldn't need to write this next line but, the OP is a satirical piece and is fictional in its entireity . It was originally posted on another gun board several years ago and I am not the original author.

Unfortunately, this type of satire doesn't really work if you announce it as such ( you shouldn't need to anyway) at the beginning of the piece.

I think it's hilarious that so many of you really thought this was a serious piece and I agree w/ Beau some of you really need to get over yourselves.

For the record I don't remember my first day concealed carrying, I put the gun in my pocket and got on about my business and I was carrying illegally. Which is one of the reason I think most gun laws are a waste of time because speaking as a former criminal I paid no attention at all to gun laws I just did what I was going to do.

Do you carry a stolen piece with a stolen holster on a stolen belt
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Come on guys really?

Holy crap. You got me. I kept thinking "is this guy wacked?" Should have waited till April Fool's Day to post it!
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast