AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW

Unless court ordered, you should have no problems. If you attended "Closed" or "Open" Meetings" at your own accord, there is no attendance recorded so again, no problem. Do you think you (or your "Friend") needs to attend a meeting??? There might be a problem.
    Any education you receive going through Life is another tool to use.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Thanks!

re: TO WHOM DO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS BELONG? TO THE BELLIGERENT!

excellent and so true - I worry for my kids' generation - mid 20's - who have been influenced to consider the Constitution a quaint old document but not to be taken too seriously. I'd say more than 50% of Congress sees it the same way.

There are no membership lists or attendence records kept by AA or used at AA meetings. Saying that someone is a member of AA or an active participant is like saying that they are a "sheepdog". Who is to say what the standard is?

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Will participation in Alcoholics Anonymous disqualify a CCW applicant or jeopardize an existing CCW holder's license, if CCW licensing officials in a given state obtain knowledge of the participation?
    I'm not a PA resident nor an alcoholic. But I would say if your going to AA and NOT drinking than you can honestly answer NO to that question. If that question was asked for you, good for you and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    There are no membership lists or attendence records kept by AA or used at AA meetings. Saying that someone is a member of AA or an active participant is like saying that they are a "sheepdog". Who is to say what the standard is?
    You are the spawn of SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

snatale-42:
    Excellent point and thanks - but you know how court can destroy context. It will go miles out of its way to destroy context. I just wonder if AA attendance can be manipulated against an otherwise honest and decent CCW or applicant, who happens to be responsible and sensible enough to seek a proven and respectable resource, like AA.
    Last edited by antietam; 04-04-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: sp

As the courts can get in trouble for even forcing one to go to AA/NA, it really shouldn't matter. Courts can only order treatment. Where depends on what the person wants. IMHO, it really should be nobody's business but the person attending. Even moreso if you go on your own.

Case law is at http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...07/0615474.pdf Person objected on religious grounds.

Again, AAs image of anonymity is not relevant. Any government agency pursuing information in order to build a case will get that information.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    As the courts can get in trouble for even forcing one to go to AA/NA, it really shouldn't matter. Courts can only order treatment. Where depends on what the person wants. IMHO, it really should be nobody's business but the person attending. Even moreso if you go on your own.

Case law is at http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...07/0615474.pdf Person objected on religious grounds.
    This is an excellent reference regarding compelled AA attendance to meet parole requirements and the courts' view of that mandate and AA. Thanks.
    I'm interested however, in AA atendance by a CCW holder or applicant and how or if that participation with its implications can be used [by a DA or other government agency] as supplemental evidence or reason to suspend or revoke a CCW license [or deny a CCW applicant] if the person is under investigation for a crime where carrying would or could endanger the public.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast