AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 73

Thread: AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900
    I think it would come down to how bad they want to fry you
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Posts
    181
    Does anybody know what the word "anonymous" means? "Without any name acknowledged."
    Just thought I would put in my "two cents", I haven't had a drop for almost 14 yrs. Sorry if you did not want to hear that...
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PANHANDLE, FL
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I think it would come down to how bad they want to fry you
    yep, probably

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PANHANDLE, FL
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulIcemanMc View Post
    Does anybody know what the word "anonymous" means? "Without any name acknowledged."
    Just thought I would put in my "two cents", I haven't had a drop for almost 14 yrs. Sorry if you did not want to hear that...
    Again, AA’s image of anonymity is not relevant. Any government agency pursuing information in order to build a case will get that information. Surely, nobody contributing to this thread actually thinks that anonymity exists if any level of government wants to know.
    AND CORRECT! This thread has nothing to do with recovered alcoholics or abstinent folks chiming in. Please find support groups for those topics and have a nice day.
    Last edited by antietam; 04-05-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: sp

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PANHANDLE, FL
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
    My answer is no, albeit unqualified.

    In dealing with four states over the years I have found a general vagueness. I consider that the State is using the everyday pedestrian meaning of words and conditions rather than a clinical, recovery, or dogmatic intent.

    A person with twenty years continuous sobriety is an alcoholic and is still addicted to alcohol as far as the recovery community is concerned. The same person "used to be an alcoholic" to his cousin's wife.

    The only specificity I have seen is in regards to inpatient or outpatient treatment and a period of years since.
    JohnL:
    Excellent points and AA members will agree with you I think. Thanks
    Last edited by antietam; 04-05-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: sp

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Again, AA’s image of anonymity is not relevant. Any government agency pursuing information in order to build a case will get that information. Surely, nobody contributing to this thread actually thinks that anonymity exists if any level of government wants to know.
    AND CORRECT! This thread has nothing to do with recovered alcoholics or abstinent folks chiming in. Please find support groups for those topics and have a nice day.
    AA's policy is anonimity but the state does not have to ask it. All they have to do is ask anyone they see coming out of a meeting if ( holding up a picture ) they have seen this person at any meetings. Members are not bound to silence by any laws. Would a rogue DA do it, youbetcha.

  8. #37
    So you go to AA meetings how can that be used against you in court? It seems to me that it would harm the DA's case. It would not play well for them.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PANHANDLE, FL
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    AA's policy is anonimity but the state does not have to ask it. All they have to do is ask anyone they see coming out of a meeting if ( holding up a picture ) they have seen this person at any meetings. Members are not bound to silence by any laws. Would a rogue DA do it, youbetcha.
    S&W645:
    You are 100% correct and 100% to the point of this thread.
    Last edited by antietam; 04-10-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: sp

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PANHANDLE, FL
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    So you go to AA meetings how can that be used against you in court? It seems to me that it would harm the DA's case. It would not play well for them.
    Excellent point Seeya - the DA would risk a lot to be at odds with a well-respected and proven organization like "AA."
    But, if it [the DA office] opts to burn the suspect with AA connections to overwhelm the defense, it will be done.
    Last edited by antietam; 04-10-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: sp

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga TN
    Posts
    110
    I know several attorneys that attend meetings. They would love this challenge.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast