AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Leaving aside state law and not having read all the replies, when I saw the question my first thought was a great big "WHY?". The argument for alcohol, being drunk and being CC are obvious--what membership in AA has to do with CC is, IMO, ridiculous. I understand where this argument is coming from but to stretch it into the assumption that because you are in AA that makes you a living breathing 24/7 out of control drunk is just stupid.
    Yeah especially since there are no membership lists in AA. You don't get an "AA Badge", and if you were to ask for one, the other folks around you would most likely say, "We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Leaving aside state law and not having read all the replies, when I saw the question my first thought was a great big "WHY?". The argument for alcohol, being drunk and being CC are obvious--what membership in AA has to do with CC is, IMO, ridiculous. I understand where this argument is coming from but to stretch it into the assumption that because you are in AA that makes you a living breathing 24/7 out of control drunk is just stupid.
    Why did you waste so many words on a thread you're not interested in and obviously didn't read enough to grasp. Move on and growl somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Why did you waste so many words on a thread you're not interested in and obviously didn't read enough to grasp. Move on and growl somewhere else.
    The same poster previously stated that I was "obviously hostile" toward SC LEO's for explaining that caneguns are considered "Any Other Weapon" under the National Firearms Act rules. I can't follow most of his logic. Of course the same poster also growled at NavyLT for OC'ing at Applebees.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The same poster previously stated that I was "obviously hostile" toward SC LEO's for explaining that caneguns are considered "Any Other Weapon" under the National Firearms Act rules. I can't follow most of his logic. Of course the same poster also growled at NavyLT for OC'ing at Applebees.
    Roger that. Some folks just have to walk in others' rooms, yell or whine and then search for a new one to do it over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    If anything it shows that the individual is being responsable.
    Or it shows the individual knows there are some damn freaky women in A.A. and was lookin' to get laid.

Just sayin'
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Or it shows the individual knows there are some damn freaky women in A.A. and was lookin' to get laid.

Just sayin'
    Treo, humorous as usual and we need it - but Seeya got it right - an important issue to someone finding AA a necessity and coincidently connected with a 2nd Amendment right.

My oh my antietam aren't we a bit miffed? I'll make a deal with you---I will continue to write and say what I want and you can just ignore my comments; that way you do not have to have a "hissy fit" over them. Last I looked you were not the moderator nor the owner of this forum--your personal comments demean you. God Bless and Peace Brother.

My oh my antietam aren't we a bit miffed? I'll make a deal with you---I will continue to write and say what I want and you can just ignore my comments; that way you do not have to have a "hissy fit" over them. Last I looked you were not the moderator nor the owner of this forum--your personal comments demean you. God Bless and Peace Brother.
    What a hoot! Why don't you actually read the thread; you admitted you had not. See the civility in which folks responded until you showed up. The question was, why do you respond to a thread which disinterests you? Please move on and be a bayunco somewhere else - and we're not brothers.

CCW holders and applicants share life’s problems like any demographic group, including AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). Few civil folks challenge the importance and success of AA and its founders, Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith – widely hailed and endorsed by many legal and social agencies since 1935.

This thread poses an AA hypothetical question – with scenarios related to a God-given right to carry firearms, the impeding state and federal hoops permitting God to authorize the hoops, and the CCW AA member! The entire purpose of AA is to assist, befriend and support those who finally realize and become willing to admit that they have a mountain to overcome – and WANT to overcome it! This mountain cannot be reduced to legal definitions and pharisaical hype. The mountain is mainly contained and climbed within AA’s membership – secret to them but thoroughly exposed to any government agency bent on knowing – “knowing” for the purpose of charging, accusing or pursuing a suspect, not necessarily a convicted person – but mere suspect.

AA participants are largely USA citizens. Is it assumed that they should not be legal gun owners, much less concealed gun owners? Is it possible that USA Carry has never addressed this issue? Is this thread the first serious discussion on AA USA Carry?

The dirty reality is that a significant percentage of CCWs would benefit from AA, Alcoholics Anonymous, based upon the known overall population dealing with alcohol and drug abuse. It’s reasonable to see that vitriol against this thread rings a bell that his (her) arguement is against the mirror.

I don't see anything wrong with asking the question the OP asked. And why do you have to jump all over his case? I don't see anything ridiculous about it. If he wants to know if being in AA will affect getting a permit, what's wrong with that?

You can just stay out of it if you are just going to start pissing matches with people. First warning.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast