AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    CCW holders and applicants share life’s problems like any demographic group, including AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). Few civil folks challenge the importance and success of AA and its founders, Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith – widely hailed and endorsed by many legal and social agencies since 1935.
    Interesting, is this the same Bill Wilson who started IDPA?

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with asking the question the OP asked. And why do you have to jump all over his case? I don't see anything ridiculous about it. If he wants to know if being in AA will affect getting a permit, what's wrong w ith that?

You can just stay out of it if you are just going to start pissing matches with people. First warning.
    You're as uncivil as kelcarry and didn't address the civility of the thread before kelcarry chimed in with insult and nothing to contribute. He admitted that he had not read the bulk of thread. You just delivered a general lazy warning - no work or effort to make this admin decision. Make it the final warning and shut me out of this good 'ol boys club.
    Last edited by antietam; 04-15-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: sp

No problem. That's a first time anyone has asked to be banned. Glad I could help you with that.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    CCW holders and applicants share life’s problems like any demographic group, including AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). Few civil folks challenge the importance and success of AA and its founders, Bill Wilson and Dr. Bob Smith – widely hailed and endorsed by many legal and social agencies since 1935.

The dirty reality is that a significant percentage of CCWs would benefit from AA, Alcoholics Anonymous, based upon the known overall population dealing with alcohol and drug abuse. It’s reasonable to see that vitriol against this thread rings a bell that his (her) arguement is against the mirror.
    I don't want to go too far off track but A.A.s sucess rate ( around 5%) is pretty dismal. I did A.A. for 14 years and left because I got tired of personalities before principle ( yes that was a dog wistle). I find that I do better apart from A.A. than a part of A.A.

The dirty reality id that Bill died drunk
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

TREO THAT IS FALSE

Francis Hartigan, Lois Wilson's private secretary, wrote:

By the time Ebby Thacher died in 1966, a victim of emphysema, Bill had been trying to quit smoking for more than twenty years. He'd also known since the early sixties that he had emphysema himself. Smoking had begun to impair his health in the 1940s, in the form of frequent colds and chronic bronchitis, and his breathing was noticeably labored from the mid-1960s onward. Yet even when his breathing became so problematic that he needed frequent doses of oxygen to get through the day, he smoked.
    A number of visitors to Stepping Stones during Bill's last years report witnessing scenes in which Bill would be trying to decide whether to have more oxygen or another cigarette. Inevitably, the cigarette won out. Bill was thought to have finally quit smoking early in 1969, by which time his bouts with bronchitis had become struggles with pneumonia, but several people confirm that he was still smoking even after most everyone thought he had quit. He hid cigarettes in his car, and for as long as he was still well enough to drive, he smoked.
    It seems beyond comprehension, but the evidence is inescapable. ... [Bill Wilson] literally smoked himself to death.
    Bill W., A Biography of Alcoholics Anonymous Co-Founder Bill Wilson, Francis Hartigan, page 208.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    TREO THAT IS FALSE

Francis Hartigan, Lois Wilson's private secretary, wrote:

By the time Ebby Thacher died in 1966, a victim of emphysema, Bill had been trying to quit smoking for more than twenty years. He'd also known since the early sixties that he had emphysema himself. Smoking had begun to impair his health in the 1940s, in the form of frequent colds and chronic bronchitis, and his breathing was noticeably labored from the mid-1960s onward. Yet even when his breathing became so problematic that he needed frequent doses of oxygen to get through the day, he smoked.
    A number of visitors to Stepping Stones during Bill's last years report witnessing scenes in which Bill would be trying to decide whether to have more oxygen or another cigarette. Inevitably, the cigarette won out. Bill was thought to have finally quit smoking early in 1969, by which time his bouts with bronchitis had become struggles with pneumonia, but several people confirm that he was still smoking even after most everyone thought he had quit. He hid cigarettes in his car, and for as long as he was still well enough to drive, he smoked.
    It seems beyond comprehension, but the evidence is inescapable. ... [Bill Wilson] literally smoked himself to death.
    Bill W., A Biography of Alcoholics Anonymous Co-Founder Bill Wilson, Francis Hartigan, page 208.
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how that addresses what I said however, since I can't find my cite I will w/draw the statement
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I don't want to go too far off track but A.A.s sucess rate ( around 5%) is pretty dismal. I did A.A. for 14 years and left because I got tired of personalities before principle ( yes that was a dog wistle). I find that I do better apart from A.A. than a part of A.A.

The dirty reality id that Bill died drunk
    Something must of kept you coming back for 14 years OR you're extremely slow to comprehend or both. (No harm intended) I do believe the first part of my statement applies! Do what you have to do to make your program work for you. As you well know, IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU!
    As for the OP, I've already answered. Any education you receive, NON-COURT ORDERED, should not be detrimental in your CWP application.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I'm sorry but I fail to see how that addresses what I said however, since I can't find my cite I will w/draw the statement
    " He drank no alcohol for the final 37 years of his life; however, in the last days of his life he made demands for whiskey and became belligerent when refused"

Bill W. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    No problem. That's a first time anyone has asked to be banned. Glad I could help you with that.
    There's a first time for everything.

Given , the OP is no longer w/ us I move we close this thread

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast