Reply from Vermont Attorney General - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reply from Vermont Attorney General

I don't see a reply from the attorney general. it looks all you have is an email from [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Does the NH bill require a person to be a resident of NH in order to conceal without a permit? That's the specific flaw we mentioned in Wyoming's "constitutional carry" law.
    From my reading it allows anyone 18 years of age or older to carry...not just NH residents.

Bill can be seen here hb 0330
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

Ilse Vergi is the Secretary of the Gun Owners of Vermont ("G.O. Vt.")

She may be employed by the Attorney General of the State of Vermont, but it is highly unusual for a state official to reply to a question without stating their position in the particular government office and to answer with a personal email specifying their association with a private organization.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Does the NH bill require a person to be a resident of NH in order to conceal without a permit? That's the specific flaw we mentioned in Wyoming's "constitutional carry" law.
    Nope. It's a Constitutional carry bill. Just like Vermont. Anyone entering the state would be allowed to carry a firearm on them concealed. But just like Vermont it would leave in place the fish and game laws preventing the carrying of loaded long guns in cars.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

If you are following this mess, click to this other thread for the latest from Vermont.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/arkan...mont-ok-2.html

Its amazing that a gun rights gem like Vermont can be found in the commie northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    From my reading it allows anyone 18 years of age or older to carry...not just NH residents.

Bill can be seen here hb 0330

I see they knock the non-res fee down from $100 to $50.

I'm not sure....maybe i'm just reading it wrong...but"

159:6-d Full Faith and Credit for Licenses From Other States; Reciprocity. No nonresident or peace officer shall be required to obtain a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver within this state if:

I. Such nonresident carries upon his person the license held from the state in which he resides; or

II. Such nonresident is in compliance with RSA 159:4; or

III. The state in which such person is a resident provides a reciprocal privilege for residents of this state.
    References RSA 159:4 which states:

159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefor as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.
    Which to me sounds like said Non-res can carry without a permit at a home or place of business.

Somebody correct me.

The bill changes RSA 159:4 to say...

Notwithstanding any provision of law to the contrary, no person who is 18 years of age or older shall be guilty of an offense for carrying a firearm, openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, upon or about his or her person, or upon or in a vehicle, whether or not such person possesses a license, permit, or other authorization to carry a firearm.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

They are changing the wording of the bill yet again. We will see what happens when all is said and done.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Oh...duh... I didn't start reading in the bill until I got to the bolds and strike outs...I assumed the stuff before was unchanged info...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast