National Parks - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Parks

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKhan View Post
    Are the open carry laws the same N.P.'s as the state also?
    That is my understanding.

So that would mean no OC in TX
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    That is my understanding.

So that would mean no OC in TX
    Correct - only open carry in Texas are the LEOs no matter what license

4. Quote Originally Posted by BlueKhan View Post
    Are the open carry laws the same N.P.'s as the state also?
    There are NO National Park specific firearms laws. Whatever the state law is outside the gate of the National Park is what the law is inside the gate of the National Park.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

If a particular state allows concealed carry in their state parks, you can carry in that states national parks. If they don't you can't. I believe there are probably some states with concealed carry that do not allow carry in their state parks. Best to find out about those states, state park laws.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    If a particular state allows concealed carry in their state parks, you can carry in that states national parks. If they don't you can't. I believe there are probably some states with concealed carry that do not allow carry in their state parks. Best to find out about those states, state park laws.
    Respectfully, you are incorrect. State Park carry has absolutely nothing to do with National Park carry. It's like saying you can't carry in a bank because guns are prohibited in schools.

National Parks and State Parks are two entirely different entities, under the control of two completely different governmental agencies.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Then try carrying in a national park in Illinois.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Carry in a National Park is not related to carry in a State Park within that state. That was the orginal rule change that was proposed, but in the end what happened was that carry in National Parks would follow the law of the state as if on "Main St."

However a state can pass a state law that prevents carry in a National Park within that state, but I don't know of any states in which carry is allowed in some form, that specifically prohibits it in National Parks. That maybe cause there was no need for it until recently and some states may end up passing such laws.

So the reason you can't carry in a National Park in IL is because you can't carry in IL period.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

9. Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    Then try carrying in a national park in Illinois.
    That's the best justification you can come up with?

Ok. I wasn't aware of the amendment. I stand corrected.

11. I have to look up the wyoming laws but you guys saved me a crapload of time. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast