Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens? - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    You are going to have to give up the English language, and learn American. From some of the assignments I have read from 8th graders, including my own stepdaughter's, they don't teach English in elementary school any longer.
    That's a very coloured statement, but it does get the grey matter going.

3. i agree that everyone has the right to self defense. However, i also believe that our constitution protects the rights of citizens. If an immigrant wants the rights of a citizen, they should become a citizen. I don't mind folks coming to this country, America is kickass. I just want them to do it legally. If someone is actively engaging in the process of obtaining citizenship i see no problem with them obtaining a ccw. If they are only here on work visa with the intent of going back home, then no, constitutional bennies dont apply.

There is no such thing as English... at least not here. Learn to speak Americanese and you'll probably fly through the testing.
    Seriously, my son is in 5th grade, in one of the highest rated school systems in Mississippi, (don't knock it too quickly) and the Urbonics are more at Rule than any type of English language.

I'm proud to be American, but there have been times I've wanted to bail. At the rate it's going, we're not going to have an America much longer. Maybe I'll move to Texas before they succeed from the Union and become their own Nation.
    As far as my opinion goes for Illegals and weapons,,, NO. and I stand by that, especially after all I had to do to get my permit. IF I had to go through all of that.. than they should become a citizen of the USA first, and be allowed the rights as such.

Anyone who has not committed a criminal/illegal act, mentally unstable, or convicted of a crime should be protected and allowed to carry under the 2nd amendment to the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    While that SHOULD be true, Take your gun to MA, NY or NJ...thats America. Let me know what the inside of your jail cell looks like. Don't get it wrong as I'm 100% Pro-Gun but it's NOT an absolute right. YES IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE!!! Theres a lot of people in jail for exercising their "Rights" right now. Which is why I now live in VA instead of MA!
    Do you understand what soft tyranny is? Do you understand that many states and localities are in violation of the US Constitution and in some instances their own state constitutions? All laws must be in agreement with the US Constitution to be lawful. Bearing arms is an enumerated civil right. One of the 'inalienable' rights. Where such rights are denied is tyranny. Even the government contrivance of permit by fee to carry a firearm is unconstitutional. So is restriction of mode of carry. Anyone legally within' the borders of the United States and US Possessions should be free to avail themselves of this freedom w/o restrictions (except for private property). Example: Come to Arizona... anyone within the state over 21 can carry pretty much anything concealed or openly w/o permit. Open carry only 18 to 21. This is what the founders intended and is mirrored in the AZ State Constitution Art 2 Sec 26. You are confusing what IS true with the government tyranny of denial. It doesn't make anything less true. 'Shall not be infringed' means exactly that. It's high time the law enforcent people in this country quit blindly lickin' the hands that sign their paychecks and REFUSE to obey and enforce all unconstitutional laws in violation of their sworn oaths to defend the Constitution. They're not robots or droids.

Chuckle, considering that we have a president many people seriously think isn't even American I wonder just how much limiting things to citizens only is worth anyway. Seems to be only a question of money.

A few years ago I had the good fortune to be able to take my boat to a couple dozen countries. I carried with me a twelve gage pump. I declared it upon entry to each country when asked. Only once was it taken from me (Barbados), it was returned to me upon departure. Each country wanted to know if I had a gun. Some found my bringing a gun into their country disconcerting most did not. I never felt I had a right to bring a weapon into a foreign country.
    I was prepared to depart if my weapon was taken, which is what I did from Barbados once my repairs were made. I chose a shotgun because fewer countries have a problem with that weapon. I have never entered a country illegally. Nor would I ever cross a border without declaring my gun. Had I wished to travel with a pistol I am quite sure that I would have encountered more problems than I did.
    Not only did I feel the need to be able to protect myself in each country I was in but I also felt a strong need to be able to protect myself when I was not in any country. No, I was not set upon by pirates but I did see those that were and I saw the tens of thousands of dollars of damage caused by the pirates. I feel that the mere display of a firearm would have saved this mariner a lot of grief.
    Not every place I went to agreed with my decision to carry a firearm but for the most part they respected my choice, and there was no question of 2A.
    Would I deny honest foreigners the tool they wanted to protect themselves? No, I would not. Remember this, the more honest people we have packing heat the safer we all are.
    When the day comes when a foreigner pulls down on a citizen, please, don't be too quick to condemn. No, I do not include those illegals and other criminals involved in drugs, terrorism, or other crimes. Is a legal alien in Arizona in any less danger than a citizen? Do the criminals care what country you were born in?

9. The constitution give us the right to bear arms. The given in the constitution do not extend to non citizens. This is not rocket science and it really is that simple.

I would also add that diplomatic favor immunity should also be done away with for the protection and safey of our citizens. However it appears seems that political favor seems to trump the citizens of this country. Why does this matter. Easy have you heard of foreign diplomatic protective services these guys arent us citizens, these guys are sometimes a package deal. Nit a goid thing. The are armed and do need CCW permits like we get. I just gets "taken care of". Just some food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by darknetone View Post
    The constitution give us the right to bear arms. The given in the constitution do not extend to non citizens. This is not rocket science and it really is that simple.

I would also add that diplomatic favor immunity should also be done away with for the protection and safey of our citizens. However it appears seems that political favor seems to trump the citizens of this country. Why does this matter. Easy have you heard of foreign diplomatic protective services these guys arent us citizens, these guys are sometimes a package deal. Nit a goid thing. The are armed and do need CCW permits like we get. I just gets "taken care of". Just some food for thought.
    It really isn't that simple. Most oft the rights in the constitution (say, free speech, right for a trial etc) are very much valid for anybody here. As it should be. The second does not really specify whether or not citizenship is required, so it's debatable.

I don't know what "diplomatic favor" is but I think you mean "diplomatic immunity". The only countries that do not extend that international courtesy are usually either banana republics with some tyrant at the wheel or a few selected countries that the US is or was at some point at war with. Not sure we would want to go down that road.

Foreign security personnel is pretty scarce in numbers, I don't think you or I have ever met anybody with that job or ever will. There may be some very few exceptions but for the most part they get tossed out by their own people if they misbehave. I have yet to read of such personnel getting drunk and gunning it out with local cops or anything the likes.

Just some more food for thought, no offense intended.

Canadian citizen - naturalized to the US. Paid taxes when a legal resident, pay taxes now as a US citizen. Could join the military as a legal resident, can join the military as a US citizen. I don't see why I shouldn't have had the right to have a CCW permit when I was a tax paying legal resident. When we start claiming that Self defense is a God given right but then start denying it to other legal residents, it sounds hypocritical.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast