Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens? - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?

1. I would say as long as they are Legal Citizens, and have the same qualifications as the rest of us...Go For It. Not ALL of the out-of-country Aliens are evil, that's make that clear. Forget the medias mind-controling BS, they only focus on the evil stuff. There are plenty of people that I met from all over the globe....talk to them sometime, ask what their Home Country was like. I can almost assure you that they came here because Our Country(even as bad as it is) has more freedom. Just the other day I was talking to a Cab Driver about why he came to USA, much less NY, his responce....The Freedom. (Own land, Free Speech, Owning a firearm) and he want on a good half hour talk. I have known him for about two months and he works harder for two hours then most home-born guys I work with do in 40 hours.
    I'm drifting off topic, sorry, just making a point. Try to break out your trans to thinking all aliens to this country are evil. The ones that work hard and get their citizenship lawfully, I say they should be allowed (its one more Good Guy on our team)

Quote Originally Posted by Auroarah View Post
    Yes, because we live here, pay our taxes, (Most of us) and it's our Constutional RIGHT! If they want to come here, learn our ways and our language, and take the oath to become a citizen, they can get a CCP after they go through the same stuff we do. I just got mine and I'm proud to have it and be born in this country and be able to legally carry. Honestly, Illegals don't care, just like drug dealers and the like. If they're going to carry illegally, that's just how it's going to be.
    This statement makes the assumption that non-citizens are here illegally. If someone is here illegally, they likely aren't going to be overly concerned with whether they're carrying with a permit. Those who are here legally, but are not citizens - why shouldn't they have the right? That's the same as going to another state which doesn't recognize your ccw in your home state - it's ********.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    That's the same as going to another state which doesn't recognize your ccw in your home state - it's ********.
    What exactly is "********"? Or are you just trying to get around the site's language filter in violation of forum rules?

Leave it to the new guy to be offensive.

I disagree wholeheartedly...................

The preamble to the constitution specifically states: We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Pay particular attention to the part where it states "do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Nowhere does it state that we ordain this Constitution for the people of the world. The American Constitution pertains to Americans. Whether they be born as citizens or they become citizens. My United States Constitution does not protect me if I do something illegal in another country, nor does it guarantee me the same rights that I enjoy in my United States of America. Don't believe me, carry your concealed or open weapon in Canada or Mexico and see where our constitution gets you. The Constitution is by and for "We the people of the United States and it was ordained and established "for the United States of America."

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post

The Bill of Rights in this country, of which the 2nd Amendment is one, was not written to grant rights to American citizens. The Bill of Rights were written and added to the Constitution to prevent the government from infringing upon rights that the founders said were unalienable rights applicable to all persons, citizen or not.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bufordtpisser View Post
    Pay particular attention to the part where it states "do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." Nowhere does it state that we ordain this Constitution for the people of the world. The American Constitution pertains to Americans. Whether they be born as citizens or they become citizens.
    And, as has been pointed out several times in this thread, the US Supreme Court says that Constitutional protections apply to ALL PERSONS present on American soil, citizen or not. Like it or not, that's what the Supreme Court says. Don't like it? Then take matter into your own hands like our founding fathers did....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

BUT WHAT i WAS REPLYING TO WAS...............

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    And, as has been pointed out several times in this thread, the US Supreme Court says that Constitutional protections apply to ALL PERSONS present on American soil, citizen or not. Like it or not, that's what the Supreme Court says. Don't like it? Then take matter into your own hands like our founding fathers did....
    I was replying to what you posted about the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights. I know what the Supreme court has said. And in my honest opinion they are wrong. Out founding fathers could not have imagined the sheer numbers of illegals that we would have to deal with.

Now don't get me wrong, I believe that anyone here LEGALLY should be protected by our constitution and out Bill Of Rights. But when someones first encounter with this country is to disregard our laws and commit a crime, I do not believe that they have the same rights as we do. I do believe that they have protections against unfair treatment, but the same rights as those here legally, no way. Do they have the right to protect themselves, yes, but not at the expense of others. Illegals are less the victims of crimes and criminal activity that they are the perpetrators of it. They are not the ones that need the protection, we are.

9. Quote Originally Posted by bufordtpisser View Post
    ...I do not believe that they have the same rights as we do.
    I believe in people having full rights until AFTER they have been convicted and sentenced. That is the point of the due process clause in the 5th amendment.

The exception to that opinion is that certain rights must be suspended while under arrest and incarceration during the investigation and/or prosecution of suspected crimes.

The CCW permit comes with requirements. Being here illegally should be an immediate disqualifying status. That's about as far as I'd go for restricting the CCW based on immigration status.

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

The US constitution is NOT the constituation of the wold but it also is not necessarily meant or intended just for US citizens. They could have stated it that way but they did not.

Let's again leave aside the Illegals, they can not get CCW permits to begin with and are not really the question here.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast