Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    if the right to bear arms is given by God, then doesn't everyone in the world have that same right? What, god don't like Canadians?
    Perhaps Canadians don't trust each other to behave lawfully with guns. According to a 2001 study by the Dutch Ministry of Justice on "Criminal Victimization in Seventeen Industrialized Countries," Canada reported that 3.4% of the population had been the victim of a "contact crime" while in America only 1.9% of the population had been victimized.

I believe that God gave me life. This belief predates the constitution or any law, and as such no man shall legislate away my God-given right to life. Perhaps if those in other countries viewed this most precious gift of life in the same way as I do, they would throw these bums out of office. After all, democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Let no man legislate away what God has given to you; life, liberty and freedom.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    There should not be any such creature as a permit to carry a gun, Period.
    There isn't enough right in the world to describe this post. Having said that self defense is a human right not an American right. The intent of the founders was clear "No free man shall be debarred the use of arms."

if the right to bear arms is given by God, then doesn't everyone in the world have that same right? What, god don't like Canadians?
    Spot on.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

4. Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    Even if they are here on some sort of visa or what ever, a concieled permit is a resoncibility reserved for citzens only.
    Written by the person who has English as a second language...

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Spot on.
    Which part is spot on? That the right to bear arms is given by God and applicable to everyone in the world, or that "god don't like Canadians?"

I vote that anyone that has done what is required to legally enter and legally remain in this country should be under the protection of the Constitution.

For those that disagree, may I remind you the only REAL citizens of this country are the Native Americans.

European white man was the alien here at one time.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    There should not be any such creature as a permit to carry a gun, Period.

What illegals don't have a right to defend themselves? Everyone has that right.
    Legal aliens should have a right to obtain ccw permits. Illegals shouldn't be here in the first place so no rights should be accorded. Sorry, but that's life. They make the choice to break the law to enter then they're on their own.
    'til next time, Switch
    "Next to creating life, the finest thing a man can do is to save one." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post

For those that disagree, may I remind you the only REAL citizens of this country are the Native Americans.

European white man was the alien here at one time.
    That's a weak argument at best. That applies to every country in the world due to the transient nature of humans. What make you think the indians were the first and only true residents of this land? Don't necessarily believe the history books for that kind of info, neither the archaeologists. Only God knows for sure. Also, I sure you realize that the name "America" didn't apply to this land at that time so they could hardly be called "Native Americans".
    'til next time, Switch
    "Next to creating life, the finest thing a man can do is to save one." - Abraham Lincoln

7. Resident aliens (the LEGAL ONES)? No problem, give them the permits. You gotta establish residency here for a minimum amount of time before you can put in for citizenship.

Illegal aliens are criminals because they broke the country's laws when they sneaked over the border. Last time I checked, that's what the 'illegal' part of the name referred to. The idea of armed criminals is pretty much accepted universally as a 'bad thing', right?

To further specify: Should legal resident aliens be able to get a CCW permit? Let's disregard the illegals on this question. Two considerations on this: They pay the same taxes as everbody else and in most states that issue permits they can apply for one.

Absolutly!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

If you say non-residents should have to get a permit, you are saying permits are ok.

As I said before, There should be no such creature.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

11. CCW Permits should be restricted to convicted felons. Law abiding citizens, and law abiding aliens should be able to carry openly or concealed with no permit required.

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast