Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens? - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?

Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?
    guess i'm the only one that read the title and thought you were asking if States should not issue to non-residents....

3. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    guess i'm the only one that read the title and thought you were asking if States should not issue to non-residents....
    A person can be a resident of a state and not be a citizen:

27 CFR 478.11:

State of residence. The State in which an individual resides. An individual resides in a State if he or she is present in a State with the intention of making a home in that State. If an individual is on active duty as a member of the Armed Forces, the individual's State of residence is the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located. An alien who is legally in the United States shall be considered to be a resident of a State only if the alien is residing in the State and has resided in the State for a period of at least 90 days prior to the date of sale or delivery of a firearm.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I will admit right up front that I didn't read the entire thread... but FWIW....

You can restrict the right to carry from now til crack of doom... if a person that is denied the right to carry has the intent...
    they will obtain and carry regardless of the law. News laws, laws that restrict, laws that ban... these ONLY work against the people that intend to follow the law in the first place. Criminals do not care what the law says - they will do what they want in order to accomplish their own ends.

So issue, don't issue.... when the penalty for IMPROPER USE (that being use with malicious intent... murder, armed robbery) out-weighs the possibility of gain, then crime will be REDUCED - there will always be some that will take the risk. But the lack of helpless victims will discourage many more than a ban ever would.
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Written by the person who has English as a second language...

Which part is spot on? That the right to bear arms is given by God and applicable to everyone in the world, or that "god don't like Canadians?"

I vote that anyone that has done what is required to legally enter and legally remain in this country should be under the protection of the Constitution.

For those that disagree, may I remind you the only REAL citizens of this country are the Native Americans.

European white man was the alien here at one time.
    Agreed.... and do you know that most Native American Indians are not allowed such rights. Still to this day the Bill of Rights and our Nations Constitution do not apply to them. It is sad because they are the TRUE citizens of this country.

the right to bear arms is given by God and applicable to everyone in the world, or that "god don't like Canadians?"
    What God Given Right? Last I checked, God didn't create AMMO or the pistols to use it in, or grant the right to harm or kill another creature.
    And what the hell does Canadians have to do with it? Last time I checked, they weren't spilling over into American borders illegally, taking advantage of America, unless there's something I don't know about.

Anyone that is a legal resident here in the US should be able to obtain a concealed carry license.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    Anyone that is a legal resident here in the US should be able to obtain a concealed carry license.
    I agree and I'm glad the foreign countries I've lived in support the same. Of course, they ensured I had a conversational-level proficiency of their language, understood their basic laws and passed a firearms proficiency test. We should ask the same of legal residents before handing out CC permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroarah View Post
    Agreed.... and do you know that most Native American Indians are not allowed such rights. Still to this day the Bill of Rights and our Nations Constitution do not apply to them. It is sad because they are the TRUE citizens of this country.
    This was their own choice. In order to keep their land ( reservations) a sovereign nation( Not governed by the U.S.).
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

10. If you are a ciizenm you gain the absolute right as such.
    Other than that, have a good day.

11. I find it amazing that to how many people on this forum carrying a firearm is only politics and not about self-defense at all.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast