Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?

Should CCW permits be restricted to citizens?

What do you guys think?

3. Yes, thats all I've got to say about that

Yes, because we live here, pay our taxes, (Most of us) and it's our Constutional RIGHT! If they want to come here, learn our ways and our language, and take the oath to become a citizen, they can get a CCP after they go through the same stuff we do. I just got mine and I'm proud to have it and be born in this country and be able to legally carry. Honestly, Illegals don't care, just like drug dealers and the like. If they're going to carry illegally, that's just how it's going to be.

Absolutely Yes! Resident Aliens or Other "LEGAL", do not have an allegence to The Republic of the United States of America !
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

There should not be any such creature as a permit to carry a gun, Period.

What illegals don't have a right to defend themselves? Everyone has that right.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Even if they are here on some sort of visa or what ever, a concieled permit is a resoncibility reserved for citzens only.

Quote Originally Posted by DougG View Post
    Even if they are here on some sort of visa or what ever, a concieled permit is a resoncibility reserved for citzens only.
    They don't have the right to protect themselves?
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Everyone has a right to defend themselves.

I would be open to letting legal residents of the US have one so long as they meet all the requirements that anyone else currently has to meet.
    I can think of only a few small reasons to deny someone who is following all the rules something that we consider a basic right.

As a bonus, people who go back home will have a different perspective on the whole matter of gun ownership.
    I think we all would appreciate having more voices in support of gun ownership around the world.

I personally believe that the second amendment should apply only to American citizens.

This issue goes all the way back to the Dred Scott case in 1857 where Chief Justice Roger B. Taney ruled that any person descended from Africans, whether slave or free, is not a citizen of the United States. The ruling stated that if African Americans were to be granted citizenship then the constitution would apply, allowing them to speak freely, go where they liked unmolested and bear arms. This decision was later overturned. Dred Scott, his wife and daughters were formally freed by Henry Taylor Blow on May 26, 1857, less than three months after the Supreme Court decision by Chief Justice Roger Taney.

The ruling of the court helped catalyze sentiment for Abraham Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation and the three constitutional amendments ratified shortly after the Civil War: the Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth amendments, abolishing slavery, granting former slaves citizenship, and conferring citizenship to anyone born in the United States.

Surprisingly, NY will issue a CCW permit to a resident alien.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

if the right to bear arms is given by God, then doesn't everyone in the world have that same right? What, god don't like Canadians?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast