What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    ...but don't you be the one forcing him to change the rules. Remember that once the shooting starts it probably is not going to stop until at least one person is dead and that one person could easily be you and it could be several innocent by-standers.
    I love it when the criminal always says the victim(or someone else) forced him to do what he chose beforehand to do.

    -Doc

  2.   
  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I recently read an article about a guy who robbed the dollar store at 10:30 AM. They opened at 9:00 AM. The total take was $26. What are these people thinking?
    Not very much at all. If your IQ is out of the single digits you don't exactly choose this career path to begin with.

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I recently read an article about a guy who robbed the dollar store at 10:30 AM. They opened at 9:00 AM. The total take was $26. What are these people thinking?
    It's the dollar store. You know they got lots of $'s.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    It's hard to say what I would do. With the adrenaline pumping through my brain, Waffle House grease pumping through my arteries. Mind racing a million miles an hour. I would say most of us would (in that split nanosecond) evaluate the the BG, HIGH or NOT (nervous, jittery, slurred voice, got that Bugged eyed look or eyes half closed), back drop of were your rounds are going as they pass through the BG. Angel of the shots and ability to present your weapon whilst sitting. Probably a quick scan to the outside, is there another BG waiting outside? ALL THIS within those seconds that seem like hours.......... DO YOU ENGAGE or NOT?
    You can practice and plan for multitudes of scenarios but it ain't never going to be by the book. But with that said, at least you'll have that option because you CC. THAT"S what this whole thing is about. Just hope no one has to be put through this although the odds are getting worse that it will.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    It's hard to say what I would do. With the adrenaline pumping through my brain, Waffle House grease pumping through my arteries. Mind racing a million miles an hour. I would say most of us would (in that split nanosecond) evaluate the the BG, HIGH or NOT (nervous, jittery, slurred voice, got that Bugged eyed look or eyes half closed), back drop of were your rounds are going as they pass through the BG. Angel of the shots and ability to present your weapon whilst sitting. Probably a quick scan to the outside, is there another BG waiting outside? ALL THIS within those seconds that seem like hours.......... DO YOU ENGAGE or NOT?
    You can practice and plan for multitudes of scenarios but it ain't never going to be by the book. But with that said, at least you'll have that option because you CC. THAT"S what this whole thing is about. Just hope no one has to be put through this although the odds are getting worse that it will.
    Why would that option disappear if you OC? Does the bad guy come in and look under every table? Does he ask everyone to stand and turn in a circle to check for OC weapons before he robs the place?
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Now this is really dumb!
    The police don't care what the bystanders think. it is a matter of law not, a vote of bystanders. You are either legally justified or you aren't.
    -Doc
    Hey Doc, when police investigate they do look for witness accounts, video tape etc.. and Doc.... have you had a gun stuck in your face before?.... I have TWICE!....No one ever plans for it and you never know what your going to do till it happens. So until you experience it you should not be so judgmental. You might be surprised to how you would really act if you were in that situation. Many folks that were justified in shooting have landed in court making some lawyer rich just to keep them out of prison. then you have the civil lawsuits that can follow. Speaking from experience time does go very slow in such a situation.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by viperman View Post
    Hey Doc, when police investigate they do look for witness accounts, video tape etc.. and Doc.... have you had a gun stuck in your face before?.... I have TWICE!....No one ever plans for it and you never know what your going to do till it happens. So until you experience it you should not be so judgmental. You might be surprised to how you would really act if you were in that situation. Many folks that were justified in shooting have landed in court making some lawyer rich just to keep them out of prison. then you have the civil lawsuits that can follow. Speaking from experience time does go very slow in such a situation.
    "okay witnesses, how many think we should lock him up...How many say let him go?..." Never heard it, never will.

    I have been robbed once, when I was a teen working at a gas station btw.

    I personally know, and have interviewed hundreds of robbers and violent felons.

    -Doc
    Last edited by Bighouse Doc; 04-10-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling typo

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Santa Fe Area, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Why would that option disappear if you OC? Does the bad guy come in and look under every table? Does he ask everyone to stand and turn in a circle to check for OC weapons before he robs the place?
    I said nothing about OC. The point was that can you clear you weapon from your holster and present without fumbling or hitting the table, plates and glasses? Then the BIG QUESTION, can you hit the BG from a sitting position? Don't know about you, but I've never practiced from a sitting booth position. MAYBE will have to start.
    Pass the syrup, please.........
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eastern Colorado
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I said nothing about OC. The point was that can you clear you weapon from your holster and present without fumbling or hitting the table, plates and glasses? Then the BIG QUESTION, can you hit the BG from a sitting position? Don't know about you, but I've never practiced from a sitting booth position. MAYBE will have to start.
    Pass the syrup, please.........
    You specifically said "this is why we CC".
    To answer your question, yes I can draw from a sitting position. If I am OC'ing it's a lot easier. Yes I can shoot from a sitting position. I can shoot prone. I can shoot while moving. I can shoot one handed with either hand.

    uspsa is not only fun it teaches you different shooting styles, how to shoot fast and helps develop fast target acquisition and transition.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    You specifically said "this is why we CC".
    To answer your question, yes I can draw from a sitting position. If I am OC'ing it's a lot easier. Yes I can shoot from a sitting position. I can shoot prone. I can shoot while moving. I can shoot one handed with either hand.

    uspsa is not only fun it teaches you different shooting styles, how to shoot fast and helps develop fast target acquisition and transition.
    The whole idea of shooting sports was to keep sharp for battle.

    It is interesting how some have taken on a life of their own completely independent of the original purpose!

    -Doc

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast