What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

In this situation after the first shot being fired means then next bullet could be for you. After that being said, my weapon would be drawn, kept out of his or other customers sight line, safety off, finger off the trigger (last thing you need to do is accidentally discharge your firearm and give up your element of surprise, or end up injuring someone by you)

I'd assess the hell out of the situation to make sure there is nothing behind him (know your target and what's beyond) If there a patron behind him, I won't be firing because if you were to kill him and injure the by-stander, civil suit all day or worse sadly. Now if there's no one behind him and BG start's waving that gun around and it even comes close to being scanned in my direction, I'm firing, center mass, stopping the threat as fast as I can.

Then call 911 which is the only aid you have to provide in my state, wait for the police to show up and ask if anyone else is ok and needs aid, and then ask if they could stand by and be my witnesses . In all seriousness this is what I would do. I chose to carry to NOT become another statistic.

Have a good day.

Hope I never have to face that! Pointing a gun with intent to do harm to others would involve me if I were there.

I would feel my life is in danger, and shoot the bastard
    Crime has no boundaries - Carry Safe!

In almost every one of the hypotheoretical situations of what-would-you-do there are carying degrees of answers. The one thing that I notice in many of them is the failure of the person posting to forget one thing. BG's may very well also have a gun and may very well use it. I see too many discuss what they would do as if the BG is just going to stand there and watch you shoot him without trying to defend himself. Just remember that it is easy to come up with should-have-dones if you don't take into account the BG's action.

I would do nothing ...... as most Waffle Houses are posted with "No Gun" signs ... you would never catch me in one of these establishment for that reason.

If you create a "criminal protection zone" then you get what you deserve.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

Quote Originally Posted by DHughes757 View Post
    I'm a sheep dog and I WILL protect the sheep.
    Sheep dogs are evil
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Last time a McDonald's was robbed in Charlotte the perp shot two people and put everyone in the cooler. Time to act if people are endangered--you might be the next.
    I'm with you on this. Time to act is when life and limb are endangered. But that's the rub. What or when do you consider yourself "endangered"? When the BG's gun is pointed in your direction or when someone has been shot?

After the fact, If I can do it without drawing attention to myself, it's draw, hide it under the table, cocked and safety off ready to go.

Before the fact, situational awareness would have gone a long way here. Every Waffel House I've ever been into offers a clear view of the parking lot from most every seat in the house. Maybe it's just habit, but everytime a car comes in the parking lot, if I can see the lot, I check to see who's coming to dinner! Some dipsh!t with a mask on draws attention. Would I jump up and do the Captian Amereica thing? No! But being ready for the SHTF is a good thing.

Could you please pass the salt?

8. That's not true. Mine is a great dog! Ha ha

9. At one time I was 100% behind the Cops, but after the way I got treated I won't get involved unless I or my wife are in danger.
    If I feel I or my wife are in REAL danger, and I draw my handgun, I am going to try REAL hard to kill someone.

But as to get involved in something the cops need to address,NO WAY am I going to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Every one with a gun in the Waffle house should draw and start firing at the bad guy. Imagine his surprise if a dozen people suddenly started raining bullets upon him from all directions. Then anyone not hit by the hail of gun fire can go back to eating their waffles. Let the paramedics sort through the bodies when they get there.
    Reminde me of the scene in a cop movie when this jackass robber bursts into a cop bar and yells "THIS IS A STICK UP!" and every cop turns a gun of the idiot! Classic! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    In almost every one of the hypotheoretical situations of what-would-you-do there are carying degrees of answers. The one thing that I notice in many of them is the failure of the person posting to forget one thing. BG's may very well also have a gun and may very well use it. I see too many discuss what they would do as if the BG is just going to stand there and watch you shoot him without trying to defend himself. Just remember that it is easy to come up with should-have-dones if you don't take into account the BG's action.
    Umm.... If you read the story line and look at the pictures and stay with the line of the OP, this guy DOES have a gun and he DOES fire a shot. Thankfully, so far the shot has only been in the ceiling, but that shot DOES set the mood for the rest of the event!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast