Springfield Armory XDm
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory XDm

Lightbulb Springfield Armory XDm

I just wanted to get everyone's input on this weapon. I just got my carry permit in Iowa, I been a gun owner for many years. I'm 6-1 250lbs. ( a big guy) so I have chosen a full frame for my ccw. I'll going to get it mid- june.
    Thanks for ANY input.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

What exactly are you wanting to know?

It's a fine weapon in any of the calibers or size you chose. Very accurate and reliable.

4. I had one, got rid of it, too heavy for daily carry. It shoots. Main thing is do YOU like it? If you like it, like the way it feels, the weight loaded then go for it. It will go bang everytime!

I'm a little bigger then the OP. I carry the XDm .40 3.8, and find this not bad for the winter time. However, I am looking for something smaller and lighter for summer carry.

I do like my XDm, accurate and will fire anything I put into the chamber. Overall, not a bad handgun just a little heavy.

6. What does this mean?

so I have chosen a full frame for my ccw.
    I don't even know what that means. Do you have to SPECIFY what kind of gun you're going to carry and you can ONLY carry that kind?

I have and carry two regular XDs and have found them easy to shoot and utterly, utterly reliable. I now have about 1.5K rounds thru them and yet have to experience and problem at all period. Personally I would go with a regular XD and save the difference for equipment and ammo. The normal XD is already a great gun to begin with, the XDM in my humble opinion is just putting an extra cherry or two on top.

8. I have a XDm 40 4.5 inch barrel and I carry it in a Crossbreed holster with a combat cut and I love it. When I'm wearing something that makes it hard to conceal ( the handgrip sticks out the back) I carry my M&P in a Concealment Solutions Black Mamba Holster which I absolutely love even more than my Crossbreed! Black Mamba CE
    I'm 6' 192lbs.

9. By the way, I forgot to mention that I absolutely love carrying my XDm even though it is heavy and quite large. I also love shooting with it and I compete in IDPA with it. I would like to purchase the new XDm compact 40 as soon as I can find it in bitone black and SS! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cawpin View Post
    I don't even know what that means. Do you have to SPECIFY what kind of gun you're going to carry and you can ONLY carry that kind?
    no i dont have to specify what kind of gun i wish to carry/ no i can carry whatever i want. LEO's just prefer that it is concealed. I live in the great state of IOWA.

Quote Originally Posted by XDM Daniel View Post
    By the way, I forgot to mention that I absolutely love carrying my XDm even though it is heavy and quite large. I also love shooting with it and I compete in IDPA with it. I would like to purchase the new XDm compact 40 as soon as I can find it in bitone black and SS! :-)
    I'm looking at black/o.d. green .40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast