Now have great confidence of the power of a .380 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now have great confidence of the power of a .380

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    As to being an effective self defense round it lacks adequate penetration to reliably get to he vitals on a human being.
    How deep do you think the vitals are on an average human? I can understand there may be a lot more tissue to get thru on a fat 350+ pound guy but most can out maneuver a guy like that anyways. In all reality you dont need 20 inches of penetration to hit a vital organ. More or less 4-5 inches to poke a hole in one. All but a .22 short can do that.

If you are looking for a one stop shot in a self defense situation you better hit the CNS the very first shot.

Quote Originally Posted by walther380 View Post
    How deep do you think the vitals are on an average human? I can understand there may be a lot more tissue to get thru on a fat 350+ pound guy but most can out maneuver a guy like that anyways. In all reality you dont need 20 inches of penetration to hit a vital organ. More or less 4-5 inches to poke a hole in one. All but a .22 short can do that.

If you are looking for a one stop shot in a self defense situation you better hit the CNS the very first shot.
    Despite all that static range training where the bad guy target is always facing you at 90 degrees and standing perfectly still it isn't how real gunfights happen. Research the Platt & Matix shootout, then do some terminal ballistics research.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    People get all hung up in paper stats and ballistics gel performance when talking about bullets. Gel is not the same as flesh, bone, organs, blood, movement and pain. There is no such thing as a guaranteed one stop shot and kill (see Rep. Giffords who took a 9mm to the brain). A .380 is a very effective round and the offer is still open that anyone who think that it isn't I am sure we can arrange for a demonstration on you.
    Who in their right mind is going to take you up on this?

Bottom line is: Stopping the threat. If your shot placement with .380 or .22 or .45 or a 105mm howitzer stops the threat, then you have saved yourself from physical injury. So our question is, will the ammo you have, in the gun you are carrying, stop the threat?

I hope none of us have to find out in real life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123