Another restaurant that doesn't want our business. and it's a big chain - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Another restaurant that doesn't want our business. and it's a big chain

Not going to one place because they feel different than me on ONE issue isn't going to cut it for me. What is their stance on gay marriage? Immigration? Are they birthers? Democrats? Has any employee had sex outside of marriage? Are the pro-choice? Do they appreciate veterans? Do they take Diner's Club?

Would you go to a place that allowed firearms, but burned the US flag every hour on the hour? After all they allow firearms...

We can go on and on, and eventually you will find something in EVERY business where they disagree with you. That does not mean I will not patronize them. Remember the anti's trying to get Starbucks to ban guns and threatening to not go there unless they do? Well now this act on our side is no better.

If you are an American business hiring Americans, and have a product I want, then I will buy from you. You may not vote the way I do, you may be a different skin color or religion than I am, and you may not agree with me in many ways. BUT we all agree that this is America and one of the places in the world where we can have these huge differences, and no one gets their head chopped off because of it. Our choices are made freely without government or religious persecution. Maybe they are completely rational choices or maybe completely emotional. But we have the freedom to make them.

In WA you can't carry in a Bar where anybody under 21 is not allowed. So I open carry at my favorite restaurant all the time, I just don't go into the over 21 bar area. So here in WA carry would be legal at Hooter's. I also think that just like alcohol and driving don't mix, alcohol and guns don't mix.

At winnre its not just one issue its the 2nd amendment...and if they have a sign posted then they most likely contribute to the people try to get rid of your right to carry...that's why they wont get my money, because they would use it against me

The national association for gun right keeps account of businesses not friendly to guns. The NRA could care less

I figure I can take my business wherever I wish, for whatever reason I may have. And that works both ways. I, too will not do business at an establishment that is anti-gun or gun free. Nor would I do business at an establishment that burns the flag, or supports issues I disagree with. But, that is generally decided by the company policy, not the employees. I don't wish to take the bread out of the mouths of those that work at these establishments, but one needs to decide what lines he will cross, what positions he will defend, and to what extent he is willing to go to make a point. Ain't it a great country?!?!

As for Hooters, well.....maybe it's a safety policy. After all, greasy fingers and shapely distractions could lead to accidents. Stay safe folks!
    Life Member NRA
    CCW / Firearms Instructor
    Happily annoying Liberals since 1976.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Texas is a 51% state CC is only disallowed if more than 51% of the income comes from liquor.
    In Texas a simple sign stating "NO FIREARMS" carries no weight for a CHL holder and should be ignored like any other meaningless bumper sticker phrase.

They must post the EXACT text identified most commonly as the 30.06 sign;

PROHIBITING HANDGUNS IN A BUSINESS OR OTHER ENTITY

In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:
    i. includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
    ii. appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
    iii. is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Please note that while the language provided above may be downloaded for convenience, it does not meet the requirements of Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) and may not be used as a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Texas is a 51% state CC is only disallowed if more than 51% of the income comes from liquor.
    Which leaves YOU to guess whether or not you can carry in the place. (Nifty little piece of "common sence gun control" without seeming so, if you ask me. HAD to have been the Lib faction that put that stipulation in the CC Law.)

Needless to say, MOST CC types, being of generally law abiding nature, will tend to "error" on the side of being "sure" of compliance. Thus, that little "stipulation" is almost as limiting, in effect, as Laws that ban in places that serve alcohol altogether. In my humble opinion, anyway.

Ya'all been snookered!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

They have wings at Hooters?
    Bob

10. Solely in the interest of research, of course, I went to the Hooters in York, PA, for dinner last night. I am happy to report there were no signs posted against carrying any firearms. And the boneless wings were delicious.

11. Hey some of the people in there are packing 32 and 38,s

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast