CCW banner - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW banner

Looks like a Miss America contest. Next contestant is Miss CCW. She shoots, sings, plays piannar, and is a missionary to the Pygmies in New Guinea.

It is a VERY dumb idea.

If the threat is gone, the gun goes in the holster and the hands go in the open.

When the cops show up, I ask them how they want to proceed.

-Doc

I think the banner is almost as ridiculous as the "Concealed carry badge". Stupid, stupid, stupid...
    Daily carry: Sig P239 or S&W 3913
    High Noon Horsehide holster
    Black Talon ammo

5. Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    I have a hunch the cops wouldn't even pay attention to that. They will be looking for movement and anyone with a gun in their hand. Tunnel vision if you will. Best thing to do is give your description to the dispatcher and let them know that you will be standing by. When the cops show up keep your hands in plain sight and let them know first off you called and you are the victim.
    Exactly, after the cops are there, let them do what they need to do. This may include disarming, and possibly handcuffing/detaining, you until they determine you are not a threat.

lolwtf?

also, it seems like that would be more confusing to the cops than anything. They should make a ccw cape instead.

Concealed means hidden and it is anybodys guess if I am carrying. But rather than wear a banner that tells the world you are carrying a concealed gun why not if it is legal OPEN CARRY? Open carry is a much better option than a banner.

Now how is it that I missed another CCW Badge discusion? Usually I am one of the first posters to bring up this silly topic, just because I like making fun of CCW Badges.

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    I have a hunch the cops wouldn't even pay attention to that. They will be looking for movement and anyone with a gun in their hand. Tunnel vision if you will. Best thing to do is give your description to the dispatcher and let them know that you will be standing by. When the cops show up keep your hands in plain sight and let them know first off you called and you are the victim.
    First actually useful response, nice to see that.

To the rest I think you should maybe take a closer look at what this product is and is not instead of just running your mouth.

I'm not a "sheepdog" or a wannabe cop in any other form and this isn't for that clientele.

Are you a salesman for the company?

Again, just because someone is dumb enough to buy it, doesn't make it a good idea.

-Doc

I am not.

I just meant it as a serious question and it seems that a lot of folks don't seem to get the concept ... CCW badges really are a dumb idea (or CCW capes for that matter) even if you are in a place where they won't get you charged with impersonating an officer. They are not very visible. I don't have this product but I am looking for serious input on whether or not it would help in people's opinions.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast