CCW banner - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: CCW banner

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    I said I was looking for serious input, not jokes and I am not buying this anyway. I just found it interesting.
    And you got as much serious input as a product such as this can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    There is ( or was a couple years back) a photo on THR depicting some idiot who had CCW PERMIT HOLDER: THE DRIVER OF THIS VEHICLE IS LEGALLY PERMITED TO CARRY A CONCEALED FIREARM on the back window. Seems there id an idiot born every day
    Well...

Quote Originally Posted by P.T.Barnum
    There's a sucker born every minute.

3. For God sakes...people will try to make a buck off of anything.
    I would think that a LEO would be more concerned with clearing the entire area of any firearms regardless of whether or not someone is wearing an overpriced sash. I mean....ANYONE, including a bad guy could buy one of those and throw it on real quick forcing the LEO's eyes to go towards someone who may be a real CCW'er who is NOT wearing aforementioned overpriced sash.

4. Talking

I think it's the dumbest idea I've seen in a long time. Sounds to me like Ron Popiel has branched out into the self defense market.

On the other hand, it ought to be worth at least 10 points on the Mall Ninja Aptitude test.

. OkCupid | Take The Mall Ninja Apptitude Test

JSDinTexas Guest
    Well, looks like Mr jg1967 has fallen into the abyss of forum humor. And since he states, and I believe, it was an honest question, I'll offer my honest answer: I don't think much of it.
    And as an encore, I will suggest it is not very fashionable. As for me, I'll stick with my beanie with the propellor on top that says on the front, "I'm the good guy."

Sorry jg, I guess we all fall into the abyss occasionally - but to make up for it, I gave you a like for putting up the best post I've seen in a few months. And I suggest the rest of the posters give him a like too.

6. Those things are ridiculous. First off, who is going to carry one of those with them all the time and when you think you need it, are you going to have time to put it on. I would simply just identify myself to the police as a CWP holder, let them know that I am not the bad guy and inform them that I am armed.
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

7. Wellll...... The intention is good. At least, the stated intention. We're all for having the responding LEO's know who the Good Guy is. After all, by actual body count, Police kill ten times as many innocent bystanders each year as do ordinary citizens defending themselves. I believe much of this is because they come to the game late, without a program.

Jim Cirillo, as Training Officer for U.S. Customs, after he left NYPD, told his students to hold their credentials as high as possible in their off hand, as LEO's arrived. He felt this had saved a few of his men. Would you like to be a dark-skinned plainclothes officer holding a gun over a white suspect, when NYPD arrived? Can you say "SHORT Life Expectancy?"

I'm not about to buy any funny sash. I've already got a spare Flagger's vest in the trunk (which has been used at accident scenes).

BUT. in the extremely unlikely event that I found myself holding a gun over an injured suspect, or maybe a dead one and two live ones, while awaiting LEO's, I would hold up my left wallet (I have left and a right wallet) that has my CPL visible. And the flap over the shiny gold Washington Arms Collectors Life Member badge just might accidentally fall open... (If responders remarked on it, "Oh! I didn't notice that was open! I only meant to display my CPL for you.") At the risk of setting everyone off over the CCW badge nonsense, I'll state that I can imagine a situation where a shiny piece of metal just might keep a nervous rookie's finger off the trigger. But it's not very likely.

It's unlikely you'd be holding a suspect at gunpoint. And you'd surely have sense enough to tell the 911 Dispatcher the situation. But still, the intent of any effort to better identify the Good Guy is not bad. I'm just not rushing out to buy a fancy sash or sign...
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Police wear uniforms, I carry concealed until Texas allows open carry and will most likley still carry concealed.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Another dumb product that someone will buy!

-Doc
    Whad ya mean.....I just placed an order for 10. I will even put one on my dog when we go for a walk.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

10. Do not want!

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Whad ya mean.....I just placed an order for 10. I will even put one on my dog when we go for a walk.
    You must have gotten that idea from post #29 on this thread.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast