Employee pulls gun during Wal-Mart produce dispute
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Employee pulls gun during Wal-Mart produce dispute

Thumbs down Employee pulls gun during Wal-Mart produce dispute

FORT OGLETHORPE, GA. (WRCB.com)-- A Wal-Mart employee is arrested after pulling a gun during an altercation at the Fort Oglethorpe location Sunday.

Police say 63-year-old Luther Lawson is on medical-leave from the store and thought he was over-charged while trying to purchase tomatoes.

When Lawson made his way to the produce department to check the price, he bumped into a woman and her toddler, which lead to an exchange of words.

The woman's husband saw the altercation and stepped in. That's when Lawson pulled a gun on him.

Several witnesses attempted to calm Lawson and he eventually put the weapon away.

Lawson then made his way to the front of the store where he was arrested by police.

The suspect is licensed to carry a gun. He is charged with two counts of aggravated assault, simple battery, and second degree cruelty to children.

Thankfully, no one was hurt.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    The other guy reportedly brandished a cucumber.
    What an idiot. Makes us all look bad.

Most States do not allow you to CC at work without express permission of the employer. Then if allowed your CC is only for your protection not the business. You're right, does not make a good case for those of us that CC or even OC. Was the cucumber loaded?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

There are two sides to every story - I'd like to know his. Maybe the husband did more than "stepped in" - maybe he threatened the guy.

I can see the aggravated assault charge but second degree cruelty to children? What kind of BS charge is that? What is the penalty for brandishing a cucumber?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Most States do not allow you to CC at work without express permission of the employer. Then if allowed your CC is only for your protection not the business. You're right, does not make a good case for those of us that CC or even OC. Was the cucumber loaded?
    The libs are trying to ban them because it had 37 seeds in it.

Well crap, Watermelons will be a bust too!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    There are two sides to every story - I'd like to know his. Maybe the husband did more than "stepped in" - maybe he threatened the guy.
    OMG!!!!!!! I actually AGREE with something that nogods has written!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Keep an eye on wrcbtv.com they will probably have the store video soon. My brother knows the guy and said he is a nice guy.

10. Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    First, "most states"is a bit of a stretch I think. I've actually never seen a state that forbids employees from carrying.

Second, it doesn't sound like he was working when this happened, just happened to be an employee.

Just goes to show the importance of minding your own business and let people solve their disputes how they please.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast