Incident while carrying concealed with a fanny pack. - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Incident while carrying concealed with a fanny pack.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    @ Nightmare45 Yeah, older guys who carry firearms in them. :)
    Carry camera and keys in fanny pack, carry 45 on hip. LOL

In '05 I went on vacation with a RV. Being summer time I was dressed in T shirt and shorts with slash pockets in the front. Where do you carry all the stuff you have in front and back pockets? Well I got a fanny pack. Of course it also carries my weapon. When I returned home I kept the fanny pack. Carried it tonight. My story is all my pocket things are in the pack. That my legs get numb, etc. when I drive now with stuff in my back pocket. Thats all I say to anyone. My close friends knows what else is in that pack.

The others might think they know,but I don't confirm anything. Its none of their business.
    "THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS IS; AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN GOVERNMENT."
    THOMAS JEFFERSON

A better alternative is a bagmaster bag but you do need a belt to hold it.

Fanny and Belt Packs - BAGMASTER - Quality Bags, Cases and Holsters
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

5. Fanny=Queer.... Strap it on like a man!
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Interesting discussion, but, who cares. So somebody has the inkling you might be carrying. So what? Are you actually concerned with what they might think of you? What difference does it make? You don't act any differently when you carry (you don't, do you?) except, perhaps, with a bit more positive purpose so, what possible difference can it make?

On the other hand - I do still feel weird when I carry in the bank.

C. M. Novess III
    Michigan CPL Certification Class : CCW Pistol Instruction : Concealed Carry Permit : NRA Instructor : Executive Firearm Training

Thanks for the positive & additive comment.

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Fanny=Queer.... Strap it on like a man!

Quote Originally Posted by CMNIII View Post
    Interesting discussion, but, who cares. So somebody has the inkling you might be carrying. So what? Are you actually concerned with what they might think of you? What difference does it make? You don't act any differently when you carry (you don't, do you?) except, perhaps, with a bit more positive purpose so, what possible difference can it make?

On the other hand - I do still feel weird when I carry in the bank.

C. M. Novess III
    Michigan CPL Certification Class : CCW Pistol Instruction : Concealed Carry Permit : NRA Instructor : Executive Firearm Training
    Good point but when I carry concealed, I don't want anyone to even suspect I am carrying. The pack makes it kind of stand out. Of course, I only use it when I have no other options (which is very rare). Honestly, mine is a really bad design for discretion. A better method would be to just take an off-the-shelf pack and sew a holster into it.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    Almost as soon as they came out they were obsolete. Nothing screams GUN more than a guy wearing a fanny pack these days IMO. I got one when they first appeared years ago and stopped using it after about a month. To me it just felt weird wearing a fanny pack.
    I have to disagree on that one. I see people with fanny packs all the time when I go workout at the college rec center. People use them to carry their power bars, lifting straps, gloves, ID's, and MP3 players. They can't all be carrying firearms as it is illegal in the PRSC to carry a gun onto a college campus.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Fanny=Queer.... Strap it on like a man!
    I always thought it was lesbians who strapped it on.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Until I started carrying, I never thought a fanny pack had anything in it but the guy's wallet and keys. And I would bet that most people, particularly those who don't carry, have the same idea.

Also, I would bet at least some BGs seeing a man with a fanny pack will back off because they know what's in there.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast