Incident while carrying concealed with a fanny pack. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Incident while carrying concealed with a fanny pack.

They don't really notice .............

I carry open almost exclusively, and most people (80%+) don't notice a 3" S&W 686 on my hip, so I doubt they would have any inkling that there is a gun in a fanny pack. It is usually not something the "non-carry" public even considers.

The easiest way to make sure that nobody knows you have a gun in your fanny pack is to wear a pink shirt and have a sweater tied around your shoulders. Also, wear your sunglasses on the top of your head. Should work just fine.

Before I started carrying I just thought older people (no offense) were the only ones who carried fanny packs. Now I automatically think there's a gun in there. I really don't think the non-carrying community thinks twice about it. IMO why does it matter?

"Nothing screams "GUN", like a fanny pack". Possibly true, but not for me. I have Multiple Sclerosis as you might know and part of the time I have to use a wheelchair. (it's a lightweight titanium one not like the big hospital cages you picture). LOL. anyway, I am a lefty and carry IWB when I am standing, but when I sit, an IWB is not very comfortable, It cuts into my side, and the hammer basically comes within 1/4 inch from hitting my tire, the only feasible way to carry is fanny pack. I really want to invent or modify a holster to mount under my seat, but haven't figure out a way yet. So, I carry a fanny pack holster when I am sitting down for the day. I don't think people suspect I have a gun in there. who knows, maybe they do. Maybe I should roll up to someone one day and say "do you think I have a gun in my pack?" LOL NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    "Nothing screams "GUN", like a fanny pack". Possibly true, but not for me. I have Multiple Sclerosis as you might know and part of the time I have to use a wheelchair. (it's a lightweight titanium one not like the big hospital cages you picture). LOL. anyway, I am a lefty and carry IWB when I am standing, but when I sit, an IWB is not very comfortable, It cuts into my side, and the hammer basically comes within 1/4 inch from hitting my tire, the only feasible way to carry is fanny pack. I really want to invent or modify a holster to mount under my seat, but haven't figure out a way yet. So, I carry a fanny pack holster when I am sitting down for the day. I don't think people suspect I have a gun in there. who knows, maybe they do. Maybe I should roll up to someone one day and say "do you think I have a gun in my pack?" LOL NOT!
    You could also mount a shotgun scabbard to the side of your wheelchair. It does throw concealment out the window, but hey it gives a nice "Don't screw with me" message.

Seriously guys if you think a fanny pack screams gun, just get a German one so no one understands what it is screaming.

I could never get away with wearing a fanny pack around my friends. Not that I really care, but it would get old real quick. I think Id rather just open carry than have to deal with their smart ass comments all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Profisher777 View Post
    I could never get away with wearing a fanny pack around my friends. Not that I really care, but it would get old real quick. I think Id rather just open carry than have to deal with their smart ass comments all day.
    Exactly!
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Fanny pack DOES scream gun, however I still wear mine anyway. If an on-duty LEO asks, I have my ID ready. I did carry a camera in it several times and a park ranger asked me about it, so I showed him it was only a camera. Since then, I bought a patch that says "Canon" on it and had it sewn on. Have a patch with "Minolta" on it, too, just haven't had it sewn onto anything. Look into a Crossbreed Holster or Kholster. Can be worn tucked in, untucked shirt, IWB exposed, and in a variety of positional angles. Fanny pack has been out-dated a little by these other options.

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    I I know in PRMass just printing can get you arrested. So with the pack the gun is concealed!Nobody knows for sure, only your hairdresser!:
    Are you sure you can get arrested for "printing" in Mass? Because I was was looking at a carry map and it indicate Mass is an OC state.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast