Incident while carrying concealed with a fanny pack. - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 68

Thread: Incident while carrying concealed with a fanny pack.

  1. IMO there is absolutely no good reason for a straight man to wear a fanny pack. EVER. ;-D

  2.   
  3. #52
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    I was targeted. Me. You're talking to one. I was in a restaurant and two State Troopers came up to me and asked what was in my pack. I told them what was in there, then they asked me for ID. Ok. They were happy and walked away. No problem.
    I am still looking for the other videos. I have hundreds to look through. Bear with me.
    I'll deviate from the topic a bit. Do I understand correctly? Two cops walk up to you for no reason, without provocation, and start an interrogation? Or is there more to this story? Just curious because while I don't talk back to LEOs, I'm not sure I wouldn't have asked them why they were interested, at least after they were done with me.

  4. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jcizzle View Post
    IMO there is absolutely no good reason for a straight man to wear a fanny pack. EVER. ;-D
    IMO, there is absolutely no good reason for a straight man not to do whatever the hell the Constitution permits him to, including wearing a "fanny pack". Y'all just need to grow a pair. If you're going to carry a gun, you need to forget worrying about other peoples opinions of you, because self confidence without being arrogant or swaggering is important in not HAVING to use your gun as a substitute for your nads!

  5. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by jcizzle View Post
    IMO there is absolutely no good reason for a straight man to wear a fanny pack. EVER. ;-D
    Pinkpistols

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by coachdb18 View Post
    IMO, there is absolutely no good reason for a straight man not to do whatever the hell the Constitution permits him to, including wearing a "fanny pack". Y'all just need to grow a pair. If you're going to carry a gun, you need to forget worrying about other peoples opinions of you, because self confidence without being arrogant or swaggering is important in not HAVING to use your gun as a substitute for your nads!
    I don't worry about what other people think of me. The only person I ever worried about convincing of my manhood is celebrating our 30th anniversary with me next month, so I could care less what anyone else thinks. Maybe those obsessed with it are having troubles with theirs. I don't know. But fanny packs/belly packs were never designed exclusively for females. Beats me where people ever got that idea. But if they're worried about their manhood, I guess that could be a problem for them. I'm just not worried about mine.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I don't worry about what other people think of me. The only person I ever worried about convincing of my manhood is celebrating our 30th anniversary with me next month, so I could care less what anyone else thinks. Maybe those obsessed with it are having troubles with theirs. I don't know. But fanny packs/belly packs were never designed exclusively for females. Beats me where people ever got that idea. But if they're worried about their manhood, I guess that could be a problem for them. I'm just not worried about mine.
    The gymrats who wear fanny packs obviously don't find them unmasculine, or maybe they are too busy lifting weights to care. I've lost count on the number of fanny packs I see with a pair of headphones strung out of them. This is probably due to the gym's insistance on playing the local hip-hop station that only plays about eight songs all day. (And IMHO, there are all crappy songs. I don't want to hear people sing about using drugs, running from the cops, degrading women, and saying the N-word because they think it sound "gansta" while I am working out.)

  8. #57
    [QUOTE=rdc2co;200657]Open carry is inviting trouble. Anti-gun people have harassed a friend of mine several times. He insists on OC even though he gets harassed. (BTW: we live right near Columbine HS. Guns are a major issue here for obvious reasons) If you OC and go into a convenience store (example) and bg comes to rob the place, he's going to see your gun and shoot you before you have a chance to react. I've seen videos on that. Fanny pack is a visible mans of carry and bg knows that. They read all the same magazines and websites we read. They're not stupid (unfortunately).






    Scub
    I carry open almost exclusively, and most people (80%+) don't notice a 3" S&W 686 on my hip, so I doubt they would have any inkling that there is a gun in a fanny pack. It is usually not something the "non-carry" public even considers.
    Open carry is illegal in many places. That’s a problem, too. Like I said earlier, OC makes you a fast target for BG.


    I am in NC and can open carry anywhere you can carry concealed and at least one place you can't. I know I have to make other arrangements if I travel to certain states, but it is not something I often do. NC and occassionally to visit family in VA.

    End Quote


    As for Open Carry inviting trouble .......... I disagree, trouble has a tendency to find a new location when an open carrier shows up ............. follow me into a convenience store a few times and you will see what I mean. I cannot find any evidence of an open carrier being targeted first so I will continue to go with the easiest access I can get, but I have 100% respect for everyone choosing for him or her self, how to carry.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,556
    As per fudo's post > > >Q. If you were a street thug, what is the first thing you would take from your victims?
    A. Their bag of valuables. i.e. fanny pack. Now this may pose a problem for me. Lots of times I carry a "pocket" gun. That would be an LCP.
    I wear a t-shirt and shorts. The only place I could carry any valuables would be in my remaining pants pockets. Now I am willing to bet that more then 95% of guys out there carry their wallet in their pants pocket. (front pocket being best to guard against pick-pockets.) Most street criminals know this to be true. So since it was pointed out that a "fanny" or "waist" pack would be the first thing a criminal would go for it makes me think that if you are not wearing such a pack the criminal would go for your pants. So to avoid this I will not wear a "waist pack" or pants!!!!
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    So to avoid this I will not wear a "waist pack" or pants!!!!
    Now that's what's called OPEN CARRY!

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Must be tough not to print on your tightey whiteys.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast