Unemployed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unemployed

1. Unemployed

I am going to fill out the paper work to get my ccw permit but have lost my job and am wondering since on the paper work it asks for occupation if I put down unemployed is that going to defeat my chances of getting aproved for my permit. I have never been in trouble with the law ofher then a speeding ticket. Should I not even try untill I have a new job or should I be all right.

I've never heard of anyone being denied for not having a job. Anyone else?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

jobless

Your RIGHT to keep and bear does NOT increase if you are employed nor does it decrease if you are unemployed.
    " We came,We Saw,We kicked their asses and when the screaming stopped,the blood dried,the smoke cleared and the dust settled...PEACE WAS RESTORED"

Quote Originally Posted by NewLife2626 View Post
    I am going to fill out the paper work to get my ccw permit but have lost my job and am wondering since on the paper work it asks for occupation if I put down unemployed is that going to defeat my chances of getting aproved for my permit. I have never been in trouble with the law ofher then a speeding ticket. Should I not even try untill I have a new job or should I be all right.
    I left that part blank on my permit application. It's none of their business! Got mine back approved with in a week.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

I was wondering sort of the same thing. The Indiana application asks for occupation and since I have just recently moved here and I am self-employed, was wondering if that would be an issue.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

i was unemployed when i filled mine out as well, but got the permit anyways. try it. cant hurt either way..

I am on disability and put "n/a" in the occupation and the employer spaces and got my out of PA out of state permit.

9. Your occupation is what you normally do for a living. It doesn't ask if you are employed at this time. On my application, it asked for my occupation, even if retired.

I would put "nunya" in the field for occupation, 'cause it's nunya darn business!
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

handgonnetoter Guest
    I don't see any reason that would even matter myself, but this is just what I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast