What Type of Holster Do You Prefer To Carry the Mojority of the Time? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What Type of Holster Do You Prefer To Carry 51% of the Time?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • IWB

48 58.54%
  • OWB

22 26.83%
  • Shoulder

2 2.44%
  • Ankle

0 0%
  • Pocket

9 10.98%
  • other

1 1.22%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What Type of Holster Do You Prefer To Carry the Mojority of the Time?

1. Quote Originally Posted by OCCI View Post
    Im really surprised no one carries an ankle holster.
    Ankle rigs are way too limiting for my taste. The gun is about as far from your hand as it can get and still stay on your body. They are useless if you are standing and I'm standing or walking most of the day. If you are fully up right, how are you gonna get to the gun on your ankle? You can hop on one foot or you can kneel down. Neither one sounds like a good idea if you are trying to draw your gun in a hurry or surreptitiously.

I carry in a belt slide most of the time
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Ankle rigs are way too limiting for my taste. The gun is about as far from your hand as it can get and still stay on your body. They are useless if you are standing and I'm standing or walking most of the day. If you are fully up right, how are you gonna get to the gun on your ankle? You can hop on one foot or you can kneel down. Neither one sounds like a good idea if you are trying to draw your gun in a hurry or surreptitiously.
    I agree. Very tough rig. I know some convenience store workers who carry ankle rigs ... they say it gives them a bit of an advantage if they have to bend down and get into the safe.
    Ohio Concealed Carry Institute (click Link)
    N.R.A. Pistol Instructors & Range Safety Officers
    Like Us on Facebook (click Link)

5. I carry in an in waistband, Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I carry 1 spare magazine in a pocket holster, bullets facing forward. I will occasionally carry in an on wasteband pancake style holster but that is only rarely.

Springfield Pro in a Bulman SDS. The SDS is a Bruce Nelson style holster with no cant. I carry at three O'clock under an oversize T shirt. Even at 3 lbs this carries comfortably

If I have to carry IWB it's in a Milt Sparks VMII.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Crossbreed ST... Because it holds my 1911 close to my body and distibutes the weight very well.

Psalm 82:3-5

Kholster / SmartCarry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234