Spotting people CCW? How often do you see it? What are the give-aways? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotting people CCW? How often do you see it? What are the give-aways?

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Maybe it's just me,but I am VERY surprised that open carry isn't legal in Texas. I guess I've watched too much Walker, Texas Ranger. LOL
    We are working on it and hopefully we will be able to open carry, but CC works for me.

At 6 o'clock, small of back...easier to conceal.
    ~~~GaBrieL~~~

Maybe it's just me,but I am VERY surprised that open carry isn't legal in Texas. I guess I've watched too much Walker, Texas Ranger. LOL
    One can never get too much Walker.

From the movie "Miss Congeniality"

Kathy Morningside: Of course he had a gun. This is Texas! Everybody has a gun. My florist has a gun!

Stan Fields: I don't own a gun. My ancestors were Quakers.

Lakeland Man, I just noticed your sig. reminds me of my saying... "I'll keep clinging to my religion, freedom and Gun's, you can keep the Change". :)

"I'll keep clinging to my religion, freedom and Gun's, you can keep the Change".
    All this "change" is making me dizzy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I most often spot folks carrying not by printing but how they walk or carry themselves, spotted a guy today resting his hand on weapon not hip
    I am, on rare occasion, guilty of this - it's just so stinking comfortable some times...

I notice the 'belt hitch' mostly. Guilty of it myself, but am always aware of how I'm doing it/what it may look like. Saw a feller in chick-fil-a last night with his kids, wearing a tucked in dress shirt into a crossbreed tuckable (I have one just like it). The only thing it made me think was if the jello hits the fan while I'm in here, he's the first person I make plans with, if there's time.

10. I spot folks every once in a while. Normally, it's because they are doing something that makes them stands out like wearing a jacket on a hot day or wearing too much coat for the weather. I've spotted folks on occasion because they were using too tight or too light a cover garment and the gun ended up printing. A square-ish shaped bulge high on your hip kinda screams, 'MY GUN IS RIGHT HERE,' to me. Another thing I see a lot is way they hitching up their pants or adjusting the holster when standing up from a seated position or when they get out of a car.

Off duty cops can be the worst offenders. I saw a local PD officer (I knew him from my working at a gun shop) trying to 'conceal' a full size SIG under a thin white T-shirt in the local mall once. Folks were seeing it and basically running away. He thought since he was a cop, it didn't matter until I pointed out that the folks that saw him didn't know he was a cop- they just saw a guy with a very poorly concealed gun on him.

Whenever I see a tactical vest (or a vest of any kind, for that matter) on someone I automatically start looking for tale-tail bulge. Hitching the belt, adjusting themselves all give clues that they've got a gun hidden. Whenever, I exit my car, I always reach down and tug the bottom of my shirt on the gun side to ensure the shirt hadn't ridden up while sitting. I always wear polo type shirts, which are a tad heavier than t-shirts and therefore help hide better. Only thing I've really got to watch is bending over, as I usually carry OWB at 4 o'clock, bending over ensures the grip will print enough to be seen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast