6 25.00%
  • Not sure who but several.

4 16.67%
  • Yes I know who

2 8.33%
  • and the Pastor too....

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many others CC in your Church...

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    It is a terrible shame to have to have an "armed camp" while coming to worship but it has happened before in history. If you notice, many older churchs have elevated entrances-it was for a defensive measure.
    The terrorist who killed George Tiller did so while he was attending his regular Sunday church service.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    A couple of years back I let a friend from church know I carried, not necessarily that I carried in church but just that I carried. Long story short, a week or so later I'm in a conversation w/ him and a guy I do not want to know I carry and my friend blurts out " I bet Treo's carrying a gun right now." It kinda went over the third party's head and he now lives in Amarillo anyway but I learned my lesson then and there:

If one person knows you carry everyone knows you carry.

I don't discuss concealed carry at work or in church or w/ my barber or to some random cop on the side of the road.
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

I attend a Baptist Church here in Hickory, North Carolina. I carry, several deacons carry, the retired county sheriff is a member and a deacon, a few of the usual ushers, the choir director( <-- big gun fanatic) and the senior pastor has one in his shoulder holster while in the pulpit. plus I'm sure a few in the congregation. Our pastor receives death threats from time to time, and several years ago during the weak a man came into the church to pray, a few minutes later he walked back in with a twelve gauge planning to kill himself before he was stopped by the associate pastor and the minister of music. Scary stuff huh ?

5. Angry Arkansas - Religious buildings such as churches are prohibited places for CCW

There might be some closet carriers. Religious buildings such as churches are prohibited places for concealed carry in Arkansas by state law, unless you are an exempt person, like law enforcement.

Thumbs up

Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.
    ~ Was that quote from 1st Fleshalonians or the book of Windage and Elevations? ~
    We ALL shall see the Lord one day .... please don't make me set up the meeting.

7. Here, we need written permission from the Pastor/church leadership (and permission slip must be carried on your person). Haven't bothered to do so since I always sit next to a Police Officer in church anyways...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123