Unregistered handgun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unregistered handgun

1. Unregistered handgun

I'm new here, but have had a concealed carry permit for several years. I have a question that came up in a discussion and can't find a forsure answer to. So here goes. In Indiana, does the handgun that is carried by a concealed carry permit holder have to be a legal registered handgun according to law?
    Maybe this has been brought up here several times, if so I'm sorry, but I need to know the answer to this question.

I have looked through every reference I can find and don't find any provision for registering firearms at all in Indiana...

Quote Originally Posted by rmc2408 View Post
    I'm new here, but have had a concealed carry permit for several years.
    Then it was kinda your responsibility to know the answer to that question several years ago
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

First off, please elaborate on what you mean by "legal registered". Do you have an illegal registered gun? There is not, to my knowledge, a "gun registration" in the United States. When a person buys a gun, there is a NICS check, but gun registration is tantamount to Gun Nuts confiscating weapons. They'd love to have a gun registration, but there isn't one. That isn't to say BATFE couldn't find your information if they wanted.
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

You might want to ask in the Indiana State forum.....

michigan gun registration

Michigan has gun registration.

A long time ago, as I recollect, PA also registered handguns and they were the only ones allowed for cc.

Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    A long time ago, as I recollect, PA also registered handguns and they were the only ones allowed for cc.
    There is no current gun registration in PA.
    Beware the Fury of a patient man.

MA has registration as well

Quote Originally Posted by rmc2408 View Post
    I'm new here, but have had a concealed carry permit for several years. I have a question that came up in a discussion and can't find a forsure answer to. So here goes. In Indiana, does the handgun that is carried by a concealed carry permit holder have to be a legal registered handgun according to law?
    Maybe this has been brought up here several times, if so I'm sorry, but I need to know the answer to this question.
    Go to the top of the page and click on permit information, then to the Indiana section which gives most necessary information as well as the State code. I didn't see anything about having to register your weapon. Unless you find out otherwise, I would not try to register it. Someone may come looking for it some day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast