How has concealed carry changed your life? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How has concealed carry changed your life?

When you ask a question you are expecting an answer. A question gets asked and I and others answer. Some did not like my reply--fine. What is the big deal? That is my answer--get on with your life'; do not dissect it, do not answer back--it is my answer. If you do not want answers, do not ask questions.

kelcarry, do you have to put antacids in your breakfast cereal? Because I have never met a more sour person.

Hey G: You and others can call it "sour", I call it just upfront and straight answers to questions posed or threads written. Again--if you ask a question you are, I assume, asking for an answer--I gave mine, others gave theirs--END OF STORY.

5. Smile Life changed carry

I've just recently started conceal carry and I've noticed several changes. 1. I am now more aware of my surroundings i.e what others are doing around me. 2. I have begun to learn more about the responisbility of carrying. 3. I feel more secure knowing that I am able to defend myself in a situation were there is a good chance I could be seriously hurt or killed.

Have always had guns for home defence..... Just started carrying a couple of years ago. First, illegally in the car when traveling. Now with a permit.

It was actually my wife's idea to get permits. She works in our downtown area and the riff raff tend to hang around down there. She wanted some protection. Carries, even though her employer has "No guns" posted. (Ya pays your money and takes your chances.)

For me, it is out of disgust for how brazen criminals have gotten over the years. Home invasions. Not just for theft, for a bit of "fun" too. (See "A Clockwork Orange"). Muggings, not just in the "bad" sections of town, in the posh mall parking lots. More incidents of people using guns to "act out" their frustrations with life. ALL these things have, literally, forced me to carry.

I would prefer to feel safe enough within my society to not to have to feel that way. Alas, I cannot. So I carry...... the insurance policy I hope I never have to use.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

handgonnetoter Guest
    Well, thats a tough one. Sometimes I really get tired of toting around a gun, but now that I have done it for so long, I feel like I'm naked without one. I think that as I get older, I realize that I don't like the idea of trying to defend myself against two or three guys half my age, so I carry. There lies the catch though. If I use my gun, even if it is to defend myself against a violent attack, I will probably pay a high price in court, but if I don't I will pay the price in the hospital or at the morgue. It really sucks I guess. Either way your damned.

Stopped drinking out in public.
    Leave my shirt untucked now.
    Read gun forums and my talking point is gun related with friends.
    Not much has changed as to where I go or how I act.

Chap
    Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 ACP, 3" barrel 1911 with a Mitch Rosen holster
    XDm .45 ACP 02FEB11
    Ruger LCP .380 05FEB11

Lots of good replies. Seems that most of the responses were from people who have been around guns a while. I wish I could have. I come from a home were there were no guns and I fired a handgun for the first time a month ago. I find myself researching laws, tips, techniques quite a bit, and I go to the range as much as possible. Im not a wonderful shot yet, but I can hit my target consistently now and I feel much more confident in my shooting. I also plan on taking some self defense/ martial arts classes when I move to first shift. Im thinking a combination of Krav Maga, Muay thai, and maybe ju-jitsu or aikido. Sadly Im still waiting for my permit but it gets approved the 18th and then it comes in the mail. Im preparing myself mentally now and my maturity and outlook on life has changed quite a bit.

10. I've been around guns most of my life and have owned several for home defense for a few years now. I got my CCW permit (CA!!) a couple months ago and have been carrying everywhere except for work (not allowed). I've changed a lot of things recently due to carry. I've been dressing better- polo or button up shirts untucked instead of t-shirts.

I'm more aware of my surroundings now than I was before. I think this is because sub-conciously I know i'm able to defend myself better than before I carried. I think most people walk around pretending the world is as safe as can be and don't want to keep their situatial awareness up just incase they see proof that it's not.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Profisher777 View Post
    Lots of good replies. Seems that most of the responses were from people who have been around guns a while. I wish I could have. I come from a home were there were no guns and I fired a handgun for the first time a month ago. I find myself researching laws, tips, techniques quite a bit, and I go to the range as much as possible. Im not a wonderful shot yet, but I can hit my target consistently now and I feel much more confident in my shooting. I also plan on taking some self defense/ martial arts classes when I move to first shift. Im thinking a combination of Krav Maga, Muay thai, and maybe ju-jitsu or aikido. Sadly Im still waiting for my permit but it gets approved the 18th and then it comes in the mail. Im preparing myself mentally now and my maturity and outlook on life has changed quite a bit.
    I did Aikido for a little while a couple of years back and I loved it. Unfortunately their aren't any dojos where I currently live, so I had to give it up but want to back into it someday.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast