How has concealed carry changed your life? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How has concealed carry changed your life?

If I'm wearing pants, I'm wearing a gun. I've been doing that for 38 years, so wearing a gun is as natural as wearing pants. I do my drinking alcohol at home, I haven't been to a bar in about 12 years.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I grew up in a country where guns are heavily regulated. Ironically it was there where I experienced some out of the blue aggression and I did not like the feeling of being helpless. Now I carry and it makes me feel a bit more at ease on that subject. At the same time it has brought a very slight amount of tension into my life since I try to remain aware of what's going on around me, guess it was a trade off.

I have been wearing some form of vest since I came here in 98 and it just dawned on me that a gazillion people that saw me must have thought I was packing all along.

4. Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I do my drinking alcohol at home, I haven't been to a bar in about 12 years.
    In addition to reducing your risk of bar fights, you save yourself from any cost for, or risk of DUI. On top of that, you probably saved thousands of dollars in liquor expenses. I'd say it's a win, win, win, all the way around.

I grew up hunting, but only got into handguns into my 40's. It took a bit to get confident enough to even get my CCL.

So the change for me would be the mindset that comes with carrying. I'm more aware of what's going on around me or try to be. I had a hair-standing-up situation recently and wasn't carrying. Not sure what was setting it off, but I left in a hurry. Talked to a LEO friend of mine about it and he said to pay attention to the gut feeling. Many times its accurate. So hopefully, my SA is getting more aware and sharp.
    ~ Bill

I find myself wearing a belt now everyday. I need to buy jeans that are a bigger waist size to tuck a IWB holster. I'm more aware of the violence that happens in this world, and hope I never have to deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey G: You and others can call it "sour", I call it just upfront and straight answers to questions posed or threads written. Again--if you ask a question you are, I assume, asking for an answer--I gave mine, others gave theirs--END OF STORY.
    You still didn't answer my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimz View Post
    I've been around guns most of my life and have owned several for home defense for a few years now. I got my CCW permit (CA!!) a couple months ago and have been carrying everywhere except for work (not allowed). I've changed a lot of things recently due to carry. I've been dressing better- polo or button up shirts untucked instead of t-shirts.

I'm more aware of my surroundings now than I was before. I think this is because sub-conciously I know i'm able to defend myself better than before I carried. I think most people walk around pretending the world is as safe as can be and don't want to keep their situatial awareness up just incase they see proof that it's not.
    I will have to agree with you in that most people I see carrying do dress a little better than most. I guess that makes them stand out less than others. All the pictures I see on here show people who have taken time to present a good appearance in public and not appear to be a "redneck." NavyLT had a picture of himself on here open carrying while out with his family. His appearance was as an ordinary person enjoying an outing while not drawing undue attention to himself. That is not a "put off" to the average citizen regardless of his leanings towards guns. LT and I will lock horns on some things but not his manner of dress. By the way LT, congratulations on your promotion. That will add to your "rocking chair" money.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    NavyLT had a picture of himself on here open carrying while out with his family. His appearance was as an ordinary person enjoying an outing while not drawing undue attention to himself.
    I wouldn't want to lock horns with his "sheepdog", BTW.

10. I have only been CCing for a few months now but as a military member I was already "regimented" in dealing with weapons in a way. The things that have changed for me are the already mentioned greater respect for the law and observance of the law. Also, the previously mentioned politeness and lack of perceived need to get into things with people over little things while out in public. I buy larger shirts and pants to accomodate CCing my Springfield XD9sc IWB. I also take into account a little more than I used to where I am going and whether I can actually carry in the places I plan to be that day. My SA is not great but it is getting better day by day. At first my wife wasn't real good with my intention to purchase a handgun or the idea of me carrying it concealed but she has pretty much accepted it now and I have had no issues carrying when I go out with her wherever. I don't think she is really even mindful of the fact that I am indeed carrying.

11. Well.....
    Now my pants are harder to arrange after i visit the loo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast