How has concealed carry changed your life? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How has concealed carry changed your life?

I don't know about "safer". Maybe just a bit more prepared for the little "downsides" of life that might pop up from time to time.

On the other hand, it would tend to give BGs a bit of introspective planning/thinking if the BG was bright enough to realize that his potential victim MIGHT be carrying. (The more the fact of the gross numbers of "carriers" is widely spread in a locale, the better for the GGs and the more troublesome for the BGs. Exactly why I like to see headlines like "2000 CC permits issued by the County last month!" Even the "antis" will often allow this news to get out, in the hopes that it will scare people into noticing the numbers of gunslingers existant. Scare factor! It backfires, for the most part.)

Still, if the BGs are both aware of the number of GG gunners around AND are still desperate enough to try to ply their trade..... at least some of them will develop tactics to prevent themselves from getting shot by CCers. (It has been reported that some "home invaders" have taken to wearing "vests" these days. All the more reason to practice "head shots", IMHO.)

So, while being armed is no guarantee that you will not get yourself robbed/harmed/killed, having at least the option of an "equalizer" is better than standing there naked.

But never.... NEVER assume that all your practice, training, "quick draw" and situational awareness is going to make you impregnable, superman or give you the feeling: "Uh huh! That's right! WE BAD!" One must never underestimate the enemy. It's the best way to get ambushed! Not to mention "tagged and bagged"!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

3. I have only been carrying for a few months. I started carrying before I got married to help keep US safe. I have had to adjust my dress code and my level of awareness is higher as it pertains to how I present myself in public, where I sit in restaurants, and if I may be "printing" or not. I keep diligent to be a responsible carrier of my firearm and represent well those of us that exercise this right.

The ONLY way to fly, IMHO.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    How did CCW change my life? Well, in general, firearms and the love of freedom and for this country, has labeled me a "nut" by some and a patriotic, flag waiving, gun toting freedom fanatic by others, and still some others see me as simply trying to be prepared for bad things. However, the above only describes how my activism in regard to CCW/firearms/patriotism/love-of-freedom has changed peoples perception of me and doesn't describe how it "changed my life". So back to the original question: "How has CCW changed my life"? ...I dunno.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DHughes757 View Post
    I have only been carrying for a few months. I started carrying before I got married to help keep US safe. I have had to adjust my dress code and my level of awareness is higher as it pertains to how I present myself in public, where I sit in restaurants, and if I may be "printing" or not. I keep diligent to be a responsible carrier of my firearm and represent well those of us that exercise this right.
    I remember my first few months of carrying. Then i recieved training (Front Sight) that made me realize how very little I knew, how very ill-prepared I was and how silly it was for me to carry having not been exposed to something closer to "reality regarding self defense". At the time I thought "have gun, am safe"... I hope you and yours gets formal training, if you haven't yet.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Really, not nuch. Growing up on a ranch in TX, I've pretty much always carried in some form or another, for some reason or another.

I don't have near as much money now, after buying more guns, ammo and accessories....

9. I also tend to be more lenient and polite and a little more mild mannered.

10. The biggest change that a CCW license did was make what I was already doing legal.
    I grew up in a gun loving household/family and learned to handle them safely young. Used a precision rifle for gov't service in 70-71 and always considered packing a gun was a right that should not be infringed by some dumb azz law. Got my CCW license as soon as the law was passed and I'm on my 3rd renewal(I think). I took a trip to Illinois for July 4 and felt undressed for 3 days.

11. I have been carrying since 7 June so just a little over a month now. I will say this, for years before I got my permit for even to own a pistol here in NY, i fallowed news and blogs as well as read the laws somewhat. After I got my sportsmen(allows me to have my pistol on me for hiking, camping, target, and hunting) I read and studied for Carry and studied the laws even more. I finally got issued my carry and sure things changed, but guess what, yep I read the law more and more.
    I found that apparently I can be more humble and self observent then I was before. Even simple "comments" made out loud I have held back from. Or less aggressive driving even. I find myself thinking..Would this look bad on the CCW Community? If I can honestly say yes, I back off from it. Sure that stranger or crazy driver may not know, but I do. And the LEO will know should something come from a issue. I also find myself making up the old "What if" issues (the form on here for this is amazing I will add) Also, I find my friends asking me about carrying and the old "So whats it like", or "so you can just shoot someone". I end up explaining the laws and how it is such a responsablity, I guess they did not think much about it. To add on to that, they have told me in privet convos that they feel safer with me and knowing that I am well educated in the "terms of use" so to speak. Side note, I never joked about guns in a violent way before, but I find myself schooling people who do when they involve me (is the old, I dont want to be pined as a aggressive person when I am not) I feel more confident in the fact that I have a better chance to protect myself, but its not a fool proof way out for me to always win. I might die, but at least I will go out swinging.
    That is how it has changed me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456