How has concealed carry changed your life?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How has concealed carry changed your life?

How has concealed carry changed your life?

Just interested in how some of your lives were changed since you started carrying? (Habbits, dress, recreation, etc.....)

Hmmm...good question. I was scared of guns. Grew up being told that guns are no good and kill people. Then I got to live in a country that took away our gun rights. Now living here after many years changed my thinking one day. Out of the blue. Just like that. I used to know only a couple of people who carry at the time. I used to think I should be aware of them and stay well away. Only LEOs have guns. Not me. But hubby and children have guns. I just didn't want to be involved. Now things are different. I got a CCW and learned how to be aware for my own safety's sake, carry at all times, especially when hubby is not around. I changed the way I used to think too. I am loving my life now. It has been an improvement from the same old, same old. I haven't killed anyone yet, hope I don't have to and target practice is fun.Hunting is even more so.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Tend to disagree with Tucker's Mom and overall idea of the thread. I do not see any change whatesoever in my life or anything I do in my life. I carry when I can but still follow all the rules that got me to 69 before I ever purchased my first firearm at 67. If anything, when I carry, I tend to be much more lenient and polite when driving and stay a lot closer to the speed limit and rules of the road--but as far as any real change---my first question when I saw this thread is "WHY?"

The biggest change is I go out of my way to avoid conflict now where I might not have been so tolerant before. I also am more likely to assume anyone I interact w/ is armed
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Tend to disagree with Tucker's Mom and overall idea of the thread. I do not see any change whatesoever in my life or anything I do in my life. I carry when I can but still follow all the rules that got me to 69 before I ever purchased my first firearm at 67. If anything, when I carry, I tend to be much more lenient and polite when driving and stay a lot closer to the speed limit and rules of the road--but as far as any real change---my first question when I saw this thread is "WHY?"
    Where you were born and raised and where I was born and raised are two different worlds altogether. Just because you did not see any noticeable change with your life when you finally acquired your gun doesn't have any bearings whatsoever to how my life changed when I came to this country and allowed to carry. I have always been lenient and polite to people no matter what circumstances because that was how I was raised. If being married to an alcoholic for 28years until he died and feeding 5 mouths is not lenient and patience enough, what is? Just that now, as I had already mentioned, I am more aware of my own safety. And this is the end of this conversation. I had replied when no one else yet did.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Can not say anything has changed grew up in a state with hunting tradition, had first 22 at ten. Only real change is being allowed to CC allows me the ability to protect myself instead of waiting five to ten minutes for the police to arrive, agree that with carry you have the responsibility to be more alert and yet well mannered in any response.

Well...I carried in the army from age 17-21 and started carrying again at age 25...that was 37 years ago.

So I am a lot older is the biggest change...

I don't think it's changed my life since I grew up around guns and family members carried routinely...so it's just natural to me. But I do pay more attention to others and have a pretty good sense for knowing who's also carrying. You may not think you're telegraphing that you're packing but I can normally tell just from the subtle off-balance body posture. Of course, that doesn't work so well for experienced women carrying in a purse.

3X PM

Kelcarry and treo > > > I agree. Just goes to prove that "An armed society is a polite society!"

I grew up around guns and hunting, but am just now starting to carry. I noticed two things changed. One is that I feel more confident and aware of my surroundings. The second is that I have to carry some kind of purse (yuck) or bag at all times, which is inconvenient. Unfortunately female fashion and the workplace usually preclude holster carry.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast