Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 100
Page 100 of 139 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

  1. Because I can.

  2.   
  3. Because my gun would be lonely without me, and I can't stay home every day

    Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

  4. #993
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    Even thought I live in both a quiet town and quiet crime free neighborhood, I conceal carry at all times. You never know when someone will come into the area to cause trouble. By conceal carrying you know that you will always be prepared to defend yourself should the need ever arise. An open carry could be looked as a challenge, while carrying concealed poses no challenge. It simply ensures that you can protect yourself if your life or property of the life of another unexpectedly happens.
    Open carry a challenge, OK so what, its proven a BG will bypass someone with a gun than try his luck, they will much sooner go after someone where they see no "challenge"
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

  5. #994
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    Even thought I live in both a quiet town and quiet crime free neighborhood, I conceal carry at all times. You never know when someone will come into the area to cause trouble. By conceal carrying you know that you will always be prepared to defend yourself should the need ever arise. An open carry could be looked as a challenge, while carrying concealed poses no challenge. It simply ensures that you can protect yourself if your life or property of the life of another unexpectedly happens.
    Spoken by a truly non confrontational person.
    AKA... A poosay.
    Sounds like you would be afraid the the bad guy might just stroll on over, b!tch slap you and take your gun...
    Sounds harsh, I know but your entire post is weak, just like your carry method.. Always on the defensive, never rocking the boat, going with the flow.... A sheeple.


    Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

  6. #995
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,084
    I don't think it automatically follows that if a BG sees a person OCing that they will all do one thing or the other.

    If a BG is interested in stealing a gun, knowing that you have one could make you a target. BG generally will have an advantage due to GG not knowing his intentions... he can walk ahead to lay in wait.... he could try to sneak behind... he could call some friends to ambush... until he springs his attack, the ball is in his court. Maybe it will scare off some, but I don't imagine all will react the same way. One good thing about concealed, is that once BG acts, GG has a surprise of his own.
    ~~~ Theodore Roosevelt
    * To educate a man in mind, and not in morals, is to educate a menace to society.

  7. #996
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by aacx22 View Post
    I don't think it automatically follows that if a BG sees a person OCing that they will all do one thing or the other.

    If a BG is interested in stealing a gun, knowing that you have one could make you a target. BG generally will have an advantage due to GG not knowing his intentions... he can walk ahead to lay in wait.... he could try to sneak behind... he could call some friends to ambush... until he springs his attack, the ball is in his court. Maybe it will scare off some, but I don't imagine all will react the same way. One good thing about concealed, is that once BG acts, GG has a surprise of his own.
    Nothing is absolute, but the ratio of concealed carriers that have to defend themselves far outweighs the ratio of open carriers that have to defend themselves. Whatever the reason the bad guy is choosing his victims, he will most likely choose an unarmed victim, or a concealed carrier. It's that probability, that makes concealing my last option.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  8. #997
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Nothing is absolute, but the ratio of concealed carriers that have to defend themselves far outweighs the ratio of open carriers that have to defend themselves. Whatever the reason the bad guy is choosing his victims, he will most likely choose an unnamed victim, or a concealed carrier. It's that probability, that makes concealing my last option.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    I was wondering where the studies regarding the ratio of concealed carriers vs open carriers defending themselves comes from? I have studied some of John Lott's work and haven't seen such there. Is there somewhere else I can find this info? Thanks for your help.

  9. #998
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Komondor View Post
    I was wondering where the studies regarding the ratio of concealed carriers vs open carriers defending themselves comes from? I have studied some of John Lott's work and haven't seen such there. Is there somewhere else I can find this info? Thanks for your help.
    http://thearmedcitizen.com

    http://gunssavelives.net/

    How many times have you heard of an open carrier defending himself? How many times have you heard of a concealed carrier defending themselves? Are you able to add 2 + 2?

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #999
    I believe Komondor is only trying to check out the real facts not disputing anything.

    Dennis in Idaho

    "You'll always remember the Ride! The destination is great, don't get me wrong, but you'll ALWAYS Remember the Ride!"
    Dennis in Idaho
    "Citizenship requires three boxes: "The Ballot Box,
    The Jury Box, and the Cartridge Box." Fredrick Douglas

  11. #1000
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Nothing is absolute, but the ratio of concealed carriers that have to defend themselves far outweighs the ratio of open carriers that have to defend themselves. Whatever the reason the bad guy is choosing his victims, he will most likely choose an unnamed victim, or a concealed carrier. It's that probability, that makes concealing my last option.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Fair point. How did you get this metric though? I'd be interested in reading up on it. (Nevermind, I see you already provided a link)
    ~~~ Theodore Roosevelt
    * To educate a man in mind, and not in morals, is to educate a menace to society.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast