Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 102
Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I agree there are a lot more concealed carriers...but that's why I went with ratios to account for the difference.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Roger that; it is a complicated issue. In the end one needs to make up his own mind and the more info the better the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    There is another huge problem with attempting to measure the effectiveness of open carry v. concealed carry. If a person is attacked and draws their concealed firearm to defend themselves, you can measure the number of times that happens. How are you going to measure the number of times that a criminal sees a gun and decides not to attack that particular person carrying it?
    True; as you pointed out elsewhere. I had a situation where I, arguably, used my series '70 1911 for self defense and did not report it. It's a long story and I may relate it elsewhere in these forums.

So I have the tactical element of surprise! hahahahahahahaha

5. Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    I suspose you could look at the want or need to conceal carry any you personally choose to. I just think if you are going to carry, conceal carying is the best option. At first I only carried when I went out after dark, or to some place I wasn't familiar with. On the news I started seeing people finding themselves in dangerous situations that during daylight hours, totally unexpected. Now I conceal carry at all times. This way I know I will be able to defend myself if a dangerous situation sneaks up on me. I also make sure that I go to the range where I can practice drawing and fireing from a conceal carry. It keeps me confident that I and ready and fully prepared to draw from a conceal carry position and can hit what I aim at in a reasonable amount of time, both in daylight and during darkness. I practice drawing and firing at a target after dark and I make sure that my laser site is right on target.
    Someone asked if I had a legal choice to open or conceal carry in the state I live in. The answer is yes I do. I open carried until I received my conceal carry license and now I conceal carry all of the time.

6. Yes I have a legal choice as to carrying open or concealed. I choose to conceal carry ever since i received my conceal carry license.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    I just think if you are going to carry, conceal carying is the best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    Someone asked if I had a legal choice to open or conceal carry in the state I live in. The answer is yes I do. I open carried until I received my conceal carry license and now I conceal carry all of the time.
    It was I who asked if you had the legal choice. Thanks for answering that question, but both NavyLCDR and I asked you another question as well:

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    How can you possibly even begin to guess what is the best option for me?
    It could just be you using the word "you" when you say, "...if you are going to carry..." when, like the rest of that post, you referred only to yourself. Are you saying that you think that if everyone else is going to carry, that it should be concealed, or were you just saying what you think about the best option for how you should carry?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

8. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    It was I who asked if you had the legal choice. Thanks for answering that question, but both NavyLCDR and I asked you another question as well:

It could just be you using the word "you" when you say, "...if you are going to carry..." when, like the rest of that post, you referred only to yourself. Are you saying that you think that if everyone else is going to carry, that it should be concealed, or were you just saying what you think about the best option for how you should carry?

Blues
    I was stating my opinion that conceal carrying is the best when there is a legal choice of carrying open or concealed. Everyone has the right to make their own choice. I don't force or try to force my opinion on anyone.

9. I was stating my opinion that conceal carrying is the best when there is a legal choice of carrying open or concealed. Everyone has the right to make their own choice. I don't force or try to force my opinion on anyone.

One of these days I will get the hang of how to make replies. Sorry if I am making double replies.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    I was stating my opinion that conceal carrying is the best when there is a legal choice of carrying open or concealed. Everyone has the right to make their own choice. I don't force or try to force my opinion on anyone.
    So, you are not limiting your opinion that conceal carrying is best only for you. It is your opinion that conceal carrying is best for anyone who has the legal option to conceal? So, again, my question stands - how can you possibly begin to even guess what is best for me, who does have the legal choice to conceal when you don't know who I am or where I live or what it is like where I live? I have the right to make my own choice, but your opinion is that it is best if I conceal because I have the legal ability to do so?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

11. Yes, I agree with what you said very well put.