Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 103
Page 103 of 139 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

  1. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So, you are not limiting your opinion that conceal carrying is best only for you. It is your opinion that conceal carrying is best for anyone who has the legal option to conceal? So, again, my question stands - how can you possibly begin to even guess what is best for me, who does have the legal choice to conceal when you don't know who I am or where I live or what it is like where I live? I have the right to make my own choice, but your opinion is that it is best if I conceal because I have the legal ability to do so?
    My answer still stands. I think carrying concealed is the best option. I don't need to know what you consider to be the best for you, where you live or what it is like where you live. Those of factors that you take into consideration to make "your" choice. You don't have to agree with my opinion. My opinion remains the same, but it is totally up to you to make what you consider the best choice as seen from your point of view.

  2.   
  3. I choose to own a handgun. where I live I can open carry because state law says that everyone can. In my state is is very easy to get a conceal carry license, so I applied and now have that license and I exercise my choice to conceal carry. In my experience, most people that intend to harm another will try to intimidate them before actually harming them, unless they can see that the person is open carrying. In that case, they just approach casually and attack. I conceal carry to allow them to attempt to intimidate first, giving me a chance to draw my weapon to provide protection for myself. Others may disagree with my reasoning and they should make their own choice. I am just putting my opinion here and my reason to give those making a choice for the first time something to consider.

  4. #1023
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,617
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    In my experience, most people that intend to harm another will try to intimidate them before actually harming them, unless they can see that the person is open carrying. In that case, they just approach casually and attack.
    You've actually "experienced" that happening?
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #1024
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wis.
    Posts
    37
    Please stop it. If I were an anti-gunner I'd have a field day reading this forum and reporting the insults to each other. If you don't think that they do, your sadly mistaken. We're an elite group of people. Lets stay that way. We all fought for this right in one way or another. We could lose this right again if we don't stay together.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    In my experience, most people that intend to harm another will try to intimidate them before actually harming them, unless they can see that the person is open carrying. In that case, they just approach casually and attack.
    Well, I am glad that someone with experience is here to tell me what happens. You see, I have no experience. I have open carried for years and have never been approached casually and attacked. In fact, the only people who have remotely come close to attacking me at all have been a few concealed carry only snobs that could not resist the urge to tell me they have a CPL, carry their gun concealed and so should I, and 1 police officer who illegally detained me for about 15 minutes.

    I would love to hear your definition of "in my experience".

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    You've actually "experienced" that happening?
    It happens every day Blues! Geez, don't you play XBOX at all?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. #1026
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    sw. corner of stark co., ohio
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    I think carrying concealed is the best option.
    I carry both ways, but mostly openly........with that being said, Bluwizard1, the problem here is with this sentence or statement in your comment. (I didn't read all of this thread).

    As it is worded, it contradicts the rest of your post.......if you would have added...."for me" , (in other words "you"), there wouldn't be a problem here. I think it's a matter of comunication here in your post. The rest of your post states, basically, that "it is totally up to you (us) to make what you (us) consider the best choice as seen from your (us again) point of view", which all of us ( I hope), would/should agree.


    The idea that our opinion trumps anothers opinion on how "they" should carry, needs to go, period!

    The CC verses OC discussion should remain a discussion, not turn into an argument that divides us. I usually don't get involved in such arguments on forums like this but.....

    mags

  8. The way the individual chooses to carry his/her gun is a personal choice, and it doesn't really matter as long as you carry as close to 100% of the time as possible.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by cds0699 View Post
    The way the individual chooses to carry his/her gun is a personal choice, and it doesn't really matter as long as you carry as close to 100% of the time as possible.
    I agree, and I have no problem at all with people carrying the way they want. I just don't like to see some people trying to say what is best for everyone based upon emotional theories that have no basis in reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluwizard1 View Post
    In my experience, most people that intend to harm another will try to intimidate them before actually harming them, unless they can see that the person is open carrying. In that case, they just approach casually and attack. I conceal carry to allow them to attempt to intimidate first, giving me a chance to draw my weapon to provide protection for myself. Others may disagree with my reasoning and they should make their own choice. I am just putting my opinion here and my reason to give those making a choice for the first time something to consider.
    "In my experience" criminals use flower pots to beat people to death:

    Ignored 911 Call Turns Fatal In Berkeley; Police Busy With Occupy Protest CBS San Francisco

    "Peter Cukor, 67, had been beaten to death with a flower pot. The suspect, 23-year-old Daniel Dewitt, was taken into custody and will be arraigned on Wednesday."

    Just putting it out there for people who might be considering putting flower pots on their porches for the first time.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #1029
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    An open carry individual is no more a threat than an OPEN CARRY COP.

  11. #1030
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    sw. corner of stark co., ohio
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    An open carry individual is no more a threat than an OPEN CARRY COP.
    Not wanting to change the subject here, but that depends on the attitude of the cop!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast