Why Do You Carry Concealed? - Page 105
Page 105 of 139 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1390

Thread: Why Do You Carry Concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    If you advertise that you are armed, guess who the bad guys target first.
    I open carry. They do not pick me first. Next.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I open carry. They do not pick me first. Next.
    Oddly enough, retired deputy sheriffs open carried for the entirety of their careers, and one would think they encountered many times more bad guys than the average OC'er, yet they lived through it.

"Advertising" and informing one's potential predator that you're not going to be a willing and/or defenseless victim are two very different concepts that one might think a career-long set of experiences would inform a retired LEO of the difference. Guess one would be wrong though.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I carry concealed because it is the safer way to carry. If you advertise that you are armed, guess who the bad guys target first.
    The ever popular, never proven mantra/statement by the CC only crowd.

5. Quote Originally Posted by KSDeputy View Post
    I carry concealed because it is the safer way to carry. If you advertise that you are armed, guess who the bad guys target first.
    Bad guys will target first those without the visible means to defend themselves. That's just common sense, which you don't seem to have much. Then, historically, after targeting the apparently unarmed, they go after police officers in uniform and armored truck guards.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Blog Entries
    I carry concealed bc I'm too worried about ignorant people calling child services on me when I have my two toddlers. Perhaps it's an irrational fear.

I carry because if they go for my head I'm going for the lead!

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Anonymity is your friend.

I don't have controversial stickers on my vehicles.
    I don't have political stickers on my vehicles.
    I don't wear contriversal t-shirts or ball hats.
    I don't stick up political signs in my yard.

Concealed is concealed and no one will know unless that make a poor choice in victims.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

"I want to blend in," makes almost as much sense as, "I never thought it would happen to me."

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

You guys/girls bother me. OC explains why they carry OC and CC explains why they CC. But the OC always insults the CC. Since when do we get insulted by fellow carry persons when the Anti-gun people are trying to stab us all in the back. And that's not paranoid. If you get killed, OC or CC we won't know about it. The Media isn't going to tell the people that a licensed person saved a life but they will tell everyone that the person got killed while carrying (OC/CC) gun. Lets hear from people who Know about a shooting in their home/state with a licensed carry. Let's hear about why we should all have a right to carry OC or CC.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jerkos View Post
    But the OC always insults the CC.
    I would like to see some citations of the OC always insulting the CC. Simply stating that a statement made that makes no common sense and has no factual data to bake it up makes no common sense is not insulting. I would like to see proof of:

1. OC always insulting the CC and
    2. Openly carrying being the first shot or the first target - the person that isn't wearing a uniform and badge to go along with their gun.

I'll wait with the crickets chirping in the background.

And, BTW, my statement that KSDeputy lacks common sense is based on knowing the history of some of his posts:

This will not be popular for people who believe in open carry, but I think the only persons who should be open carrying a firearm are law enforcement, and licensed security officers. When anyone else carries a firearm openly I strongly suspect there has been no background check done on them. Carrying a firearm openly, outside of being in uniform or displaying a badge, scares people. I see no reason to carry a firearm openly unless you fall into one of the groups I mentioned. If you want to carry a firearm, get a concealed carry permit. When I see people in plain clothes, carrying a firearm openly, I have no idea who they are. Neither does the public, which explains why it scares them. I would prefer if a citizen wants to carry a firearm, that they get a concealed carry permit.
    Since when is openly carrying a firearm suspicious of criminal activity? Would the person who is prohibited from carrying a firearm carry it openly for all to see? Again, no common sense displayed in that thought process. KSDeputy is obviously a very firm believer that the government should restrict who is legal to carry a firearm and nobody without the government's express permission should be allowed to carry a firearm. Given the purpose behind the 2nd Amendment, that doesn't make any sense. The purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to ensure that the citizens maintain the ability to keep the state free - and according to the Declaration of Independence, that also means defending the state from their own government in power should it become necessary. Thus, government regulation of who can carry what firearms and where they can carry them goes against the exact purpose of the 2nd Amendment. The government has already "reasonably regulated" the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms to the extent that it has rendered it impossible for the citizen to fulfill their duty as stated in the Declaration of Independence should the government become (or remain to be) tyrannical, all under the guise of "common sense" gun laws, most of which make no sense at all.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.